I Need Some Judas Priest Help...

Wicked Child

DYNO-MITE!
Mar 4, 2003
Vista, CA
Visit site
ok....I'm making someone who isn't into metal(YET)a mix of my favorite bands, and i have a problem...what Priest song should i put in!? Something heavy, but accessible, that's what i'm looking for. But also something heavier and more metal than Black Sabbath. I don't want them to overshadow this band.

Something like Ram It Down, Hell Patrol or Leather Rebel might be good I think. How about Metal Meltdown?

Or Rock Hard Ride Free or something would be great too. Or Jawbreaker!

Painkiller is no good, he screams too much, that was the first Judas Priest track I ever heard (before I was used to that kind of vocal prowess!) and it sounded pretty strange to me at the time :)

I still think Touch Of Evil or Nightcrawler would be best for someone new to JP :headbang: Two of the best songs of all time!

I think the Living after midnight, Breaking the Law, and you have another thing comming, or you could do a popular song redone Johnny Be Good.

But I truly think you sould use Rocka Roll, Parental guidance, Beyond the realms of Death and Delivering the Goods.

Blitzkrieg said:
It also depends on what else you have on the cd. If you want to put a slower track on their, you could put 'Blood Red Skies', or 'Beyond The Realms Of Death' as the Priest track.

That's very true. And those are great songs, but it does depend on what else is there and so i'm looking for a song that shows the heaviness and "metal-ness" of Priest, but it's accessible enough for someone outside the realm of metal to like the song, but see the why Priest is often considered the epitomy of what metal is all about. I'm asking alot, yes, but i know such a song exsists, and thanks for ALL your help so far.

You would, because it's got lots of stuff from Turbo on it :).

Halfordless it may be, but 98 Live Meltdown is my favourite Priest live effort, if not one of the best live albums ever :headbang:.

Spiff: Yep, that's the one. Those self-same wags probably refer to KISS Alive II as In The Studio VII, and they're quite right :lol:.

W