I need some quick advice on a new 6505+

Chainsaw Calligraphy

Connoisseur of Sound
Jul 2, 2010
Manchester, UK
So I ordered a b-stock 6505+ that had been reduced as it didn't have the original box. When it arrived it didn't work, futher investigation showed that the mains fuse was blown. The blown fuse I took out was a 1A time delay blow fuse however on the case of the amp it says to use 3.15A fast blow fuses. After replacing the fuse with the correct type the amp seems to be working fine apart from the fact that the green LED for the crunch channel doesnt seem to be working. Does anyone know if this could be a sign of a more serious underlying issue or has someone in the shop just underfused it? As far as I can tell the blown fuse isn't due to problems with the transformer or power tubes. I still have the option of returning the amp to the shop, but only for a few more days. As it is b-stock I don't get a full warranty either so I'm a little undecided as to wether or not I should send it back.

Return it and look for a factory refurbished amp. Factory refurbs are as good as new and usually carry the original warranty.

Either that or find a properly functional used amp.

You shouldn't have to deal with ANY problems right out of the box.

I agree. Those issues go well beyond "floor model" or "non-factory box" descriptions. If you were buying a heavily used head you would expect disclosure of things like failed LED's etc.

Thanks for the replies. The only reason I'm even considering keeping it is that it was reduced to £800 (from £1200). That and the fact that now that it's running I've fallen in love and never want to let it go :p

Thanks for the replies. The only reason I'm even considering keeping it is that it was reduced to £800 (from £1200). That and the fact that now that it's running I've fallen in love and never want to let it go :p

It's still supposed to be in perfect working order, unless advertised otherwise, under the sales of good act.
They would have to repair or replace it at no cost to you.