I need some serious help with my harsh vocals, please!

InsignificantLikeYou

New Metal Member
Sep 27, 2012
Hey, what's up? I need some serious answers from veteran vocalists, please. I can't figure out what is wrong with me. I wake up in the morning and immediately get water to hydrate my chords, following that I brush my teeth and gargle to clear out any obstructions. Then I warm up in various ways to get my chords set in for screaming. First off, I'd like to say that I do not scream wrong. I use my diaphragm and I make sure that I'm not frying using my throat. I used to do vocals every day about a year ago and rarely had the problems I have now that I'm doing them. I start off fine, but once I finish off one song they seem to fade and get dry. I used to be able to do lows beautifully for multiple songs and now that I am learning mids they just fade out. My throat never starts hurting during the process of screaming, so I just don't understand what could possibly be going wrong. I'm drinking plenty of room temperature water so that's not the problem, I even use honey. When learning a new vocal tone do the vocal chords have to get used to that before they become strong and can maintain themselves switching back and forth?

I would greatly appreciate some help, thank you for your time.