i need something to mix!

damn my tracking skills are taking beating in this thread:heh:
I think everyone's mixes sound pretty good. that last one by moon was pretty damn wide sounding. I like that.

The new song I am working on will have ezdrummer with the dfh pack instead of DFHS. I am also thinking about tracking the guitars dry as well as bass.

Cool man. Although do you think that the DFH pack will sound better than DFHS? I've heard it in the past and I can't say it blew my mind or anything... its still the same sterile sounding samples from the original, but made easier to sequence.

I really like the kick sound you had on this one. Can you tell us what kick sample that was? I'm gonna be cutting it up and using it in the future, that's for sure!

About the 'wideness' of my mix. I think one of the key factors is that I did a fake stereo thing on the synths. I duplicated the tracks, then shifted one ahead by 7 ms. I swathed them in tons of verb, so all the reflections masked the fake factor.

I think its definitely worthwhile tracking synths, choirs and whatnot in stereo!

I used one of mendel's project files for the drums. Can't remember the sample but I'll check it out when I get home. It might be the old sneap sample.

I actually like ezdrummer with the dfh pack. I think the kick sounds pretty good right out of the box with minimal tweaking. I just got inspired to use ezdrummer again. I go back and forth between it and superior.

About the 'wideness' of my mix. I think one of the key factors is that I did a fake stereo thing on the synths. I duplicated the tracks, then shifted one ahead by 7 ms. I swathed them in tons of verb, so all the reflections masked the fake factor.

I think its definitely worthwhile tracking synths, choirs and whatnot in stereo!
I think the whole thing sounds wide not just the synths. I could definitely tell the difference when comparing the different mixes.

guess what, you're right! I"m stupid, I was looking at my project but doh!! I exported in DFHS so the kick is unprocessed. It was just a sonor kick inside of DFHS. I also like the kick that comes with ezdrummer's dfh add on.

A Sonor kick eh? Is there anything they make that doesn't sound good? haha. The toms are amazing... Meshuggah have long had one of my fave tom sounds, and on Catch 33 especially I love the kick. It sounds like the sample set of samples as this one, so I'm happy. I cut out 5 multisamples earlier to use on other projects!

I Have so many samples now that I feel overwhelmed. I'll never get a chance to try them all so I just stick with what I like best right now and thats the dfh or dfhs kick blended with the sneap sample.

I agree, Sonor kick kills! Here´s my mix:

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/slinky_/a%20voyage to kill - mixed by slinky.mp3

neverpurify, thanks for the tracks! Anyway, your new avatar isn´t as hot as the previous one...

EDIT: The kick is a blend of the original track and another kick-blend that I made of Kaomao kick and a kick recorded by myself. The snare is a blend of the original snare and one of my own snare samples. I´m pretty happy, but I gotta remake the toms, propably will edit them tomorrow.

Loving the Ezdrummer samples too. Though the dfh expansion isn´t that expensive, propably gonna pick it up next week. Not that it would sound better to me, but i need to trigger a bigger v-drumset.

Loving the Ezdrummer samples too. Though the dfh expansion isn´t that expensive, propably gonna pick it up next week. Not that it would sound better to me, but i need to trigger a bigger v-drumset.

Ive got a E kit, how do you go about triggering it with EZdrummer?