I need to be recommended some Folk Faggotry.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
It would be rad if someone(s) could recommend me some stuff like the following:

Empyrium - Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays
Tenhi - Kauan
Ulver - Kveldssanger

Upon searching, this is my list of shit to buy:

Vàli - Forlatt
Comus - First Utterance
Ainulindalë - The Lay Of Leithian

What am I missing? I love all of you.

mm

Vali is a great pick, very much in the style of the stuff you mentioned. It might be hard to find their album though, but maybe prophecy will release it again.

October falls is a must, tuoni and marras albums (also the new ep is in that style). Very much in the style of the above but without the vocals.

Neun welten also on prophecy, is another folk acoustic band you'd probably like them.

You might try Nest from Finland. They're also not exactly in the style you mentioned but their new album is very good.

There's this band from Finland who i wish i could find more info about. Band name is Eisefen. Apparently it may have one member from Tenhi in the group. They're very in the style of Tenhi's early stuff acoustics/flutes long dirgy songs . Awesome awesome stuff! Here's an mp3:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FTBJ7YFI

There's two russian bands that might be some interest. They have a bit more instrumentation (piano violins). One is called Neutral and the other is
Romowe Rikoito.

For some german stuff maybe some forseti, orplid, Werkraum. I especially like forseti, there's more vocals but rougher than say empyrium (Helm is such a huge positive for them vocal wise). Still these might be of interest.

There's also Stille Volk from France. Most of their albums are very traditional folk. They have a medieval type sound, some of their stuff is more upbeat though. EDIT: If you like this style, there's a few more bands i can recommend.

This band from France Fjallstorm, i think they're a metal band but they have one album of stuff in this style. Here's two mp3s, if you like i can send the whole album. Not sure where you can buy this.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RA59ZOEY

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VG3HE7AW

IMWI is from Spain and they play a very traditional folk style. The whole album is available here:

http://www.archive.org/details/IMWI_-_The_Journey_Of_The_Troubadour_2003

For the past few years i've searched for bands in the same style as those albums you listed, and there's really not that much out there. That combines that style of acoustic playing with the vocals as ulver/empyrium
do.

:Smokin:

Spikes 1895617695's list has all you need to warm up by the hearth after bathing naked in some frozen pond.

BUT

Nadatar said:
Comus - First Utterance

is nowhere close to this whole 90's atmospheric dark folk scene, being a freakish bit of 70's experimental psych-folk. However it is a mandatory purchase. I guess it would appeal to you, as well.

October falls is a must, tuoni and marras albums (also the new ep is in that style). Very much in the style of the above but without the vocals.

You have the new acoustic EP already? I'm just about getting around to transferring Euros into Mikko's account, it's such pain in the ass because I can't do it online. I need to call the bank since they use these iban numbers. *grumble*

Also, NAD, in addition to Spikes list ("Marras" is fucking mandatory), you might want to check this one out:

1835_4872.jpg

of the wand and the moon - nighttime nightrhymes

Thanks all. spikes, I shall be a-listen' to that stuff later, will d/l now. I'm already familiar with Nest and October Falls, just have one each from them will likely get more.
Sorry, I only listen to gay traditional folk.
I have all kinds of gay music in my collection and can always stand more. Proceed.
nad, your santa hat looks like a penis :)
hahaha GREAT SUCCESS!

Also, NAD, in addition to Spikes list ("Marras" is fucking mandatory), you might want to check this one out:

1835_4872.jpg

of the wand and the moon - nighttime nightrhymes

Yeah, of the wand and the moon is fucking grand. I'd also throw out Noekk as an idea. Thats all I've got here at work that hasn't already been mentioned.

I have some CDr containing a lot of that Eisefen-material around here somewhere, I really should re-check that...I can't upload it, sorry.

Marja Mattlar's new album (Polku) was also very good, guys from Tenhi producted it and played on it. Some songs didn't work for me at all, but 2/3 of the record is awesome. http://www.vuorenk.pp.fi/marja/ (and Äänitteet -> Polku)

You have the new acoustic EP already? I'm just about getting around to transferring Euros into Mikko's account, it's such pain in the ass because I can't do it online. I need to call the bank since they use these iban numbers. *grumble*

I emailed you (and the cd's are already on the way)...

Okay I just found Marras from a place I was buying that Darkestrah - Epos album so hooray! Mikko I don't care if we disagree about recreational drug usage, you make awesome music. :loco:

I was not very impressed with the samples spikes, but I looked and couldn't find any of those albums anyway. I haven't listened to IMWI yet but I downloaded everything, cheers.