I need your help! heavy/progressive?

-Axel-

New Metal Member
Oct 7, 2012
Can anyone help me?
I'm looking for some new bands to listen, with high-pitched and not-too-raspy vocals (like James LaBrie, Russel Allen, Sebastian Bach). Musically, I'm searching for something heavy but melodic, with great guitar riffs and mid-tempo grooves, with a prog touch (I love oriental scales). In particular, I love these ALTER BRIDGE songs: Slip To The Void, Isolation, White Knuckles, Ties That Bind, Still Remains. I also like Symphony X a lot but they're a bit too epic. The song Serpent's Kiss is maybe the style I'm searching for. I also like the kinda groovy stuff by Adrenaline Mob but well, they're a bit too cheesy for me :D
I know it's a strange request, anyway I hope someone can help.
Axel.

Tad Morose - Sender Of Thoughts might be up your alley.

On the proggier side, Suspyre - A Great Divide.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a listen to some songs of the bands you guys suggested me, it was all very good music, anyway not what I'm searching for. And the reason is that it's all too epic for me, both in lyrics and music. I would appreciate something weird, futuristic, "post apocalyptic", about mind control, and stuff like that. In the previous days I've been listening to Hord, an industrial/black metal band...great songs and lyrics, it's almost what I'm searching for, but without growls and a bit less heavy. Am I talking about an utopic band? Haha