I passed my driving test!!!!!!!!!!!!

How it's the time to revenge to all those maniacs who nearly drove over you and your cat and who keep playing that hideous crap called trance-dance-hippityhop music :heh:

Congrats for the license ;)

Yeah man, congratulations. It's bloody difficult to pass first time here in the UK! Just remember; you're still a learner driver. Passing your test does not mean you're suddenly worthy or even competent on the road. I've heard so many true stories of people just passing within my school who've gone-on to lose their licence and/or wreck their car within weeks and (in one case) hours. 2, actually. Yes, you have to watch-out for other drivers, but don't get too confident all at once; there's a reason why you need to hold a full licence for 3 whole years before you're allowed to accompany another learner driver for example, or rent a car.

My test is this Tuesday! I'm 18 but i'm just not bothered about driving really; i've had lessons on/off since I turned 17, and I just go through whole months of not bothering to practice. I actually missed my first test about two months ago, I was an hour late, hehe. Just shows how much I care.

Sculpted cold: Don't worry, i know all about the dangers of driving. I *am* a competent driver, but i know i'm not exactly a god on the road. I have pretty good reactions, but i always try to keep to the speed limit. I was actually out driving an hour ago. the roads were pretty empty so there wasn't much chance of hitting anyone/thing. I saw a few foxes and parked cars, but very few other road users. I stuck to the speed limit, and kept my eyes open. I'm not wanting to lose my licence right after getting it!

Good luck with your test om tuesday.

Don't worry, the only one here whos gonna be in any danger at all is Sculpted Cold, he lives in Scotland same as me. Still, it's a reasonably big place so unless he lives in Glasgow there ain't much danger to *him* either!

As for Raven and Oracle Lady: Thank you for that vote of confidence. I am counting how many people i've hit, and i'm making a list of people i want to. you two are now on it. ;) ;)

If we stick together we can make it really hard for Slash to hit us, Lady..or Slash could take us both down with one hit...I think we might be screwed, Lady .. :lol:

Originally posted by Silver Raven
If we stick together we can make it really hard for Slash to hit us, Lady..or Slash could take us both down with one hit...I think we might be screwed, Lady .. :lol:

I figure if we both flash him at once, he'll end up hitting a tree instead of us, Raven ;)

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
I figure if we both flash him at once, he'll end up hitting a tree instead of us, Raven ;)
:eek: :yow:

Congrats to Slash. I also passed first time, nearly a year ago now. Even though I don't drive as I did when my instructor was in the car, I still haven't managed to crash yet. The streets of Nottingham are safe from my (mum's) Corsa.

Good luck to SculptedCold. Try to make it on time, £38 is quite a lot of money (for me at least, but then I've never had a job). :p

Rustymetal: Thanks. And congrats to you too. :) Iagree with you about the whole money thing. you know if you total all the costs of learning to drive up (excluding the lessons) they still cost you over £100? Provisional, theory, practical, full. i'm sure there are a few other things too. and thats if you pass 1st time!

I passed with 3 minor faults.

1 for not checking mirrors when changing speed, 1 for control at leaving junctions (stalled at the biggest junction on the test! bollocks! thought i'd failed) and 1 for awareness and judgement (almost drove into the back of a truck trailer while braking hard to stop from crashing into an oncoming car. Thought i'd failed there too.)

Yay. Me is so happy. Everyone I knew thought I was going to fail (including my mum and instructor) and I ended-up getting the best score i've heard of out of my whole school year!

And no, I didn't do the examiner any 'favours'. :p

A-fucking-men to that brother! :headbang:

Heh, that actually brings back some fond memories. My best friend and I went-up to Edinburgh to have a night-out with his ex, who's got a car of her own up there. My pal brought his minidisc player and hooked it-up to the car stereo, we rolled down the windows and roared-out Iron Maiden's 'Aces High' to the whole of Princes Street! :headbang: