I plan to step down...

derek

Grey Eminence
Sep 30, 2005
Edinburgh, U.K.
I've decided to step down as a moderator.

Like Speed, I think perhaps I've had enough.

I love you all dearly, but a freshen up here will not go amiss. I think Nile577 is doing a brilliant job, and my intention is to pass the baton to someone as open minded, clever and enthusiastic as him.

I do enjoy this board, but I think with the various pressures of my work, I cannot dedicate the enthusiasm and time I would imagine is required to this endeavour.

My first choice to replace me is ARC_150, and providing he is willing, I shall contact Deron immediately requesting the shifting of moderation duties.

Take care, fine (and un-fine) people!

-derek

derek said:
I've decided to step down as a moderator.

Like Speed, I think perhaps I've had enough.

I love you all dearly, but a freshen up here will not go amiss. I think Nile577 is doing a brilliant job, and my intention is to pass the baton to someone as open minded, clever and enthusiastic as him.

I do enjoy this board, but I think with the various pressures of my work, I cannot dedicate the enthusiasm and time I would imagine is required to this endeavour.

My first choice to replace me is ARC_150, and providing he is willing, I shall contact Deron immediately requesting the shifting of moderation duties.

Take care, fine (and un-fine) people!

-derek

It was a pleasure to be moderator with you. Enjoy your retirement!

I think you've done an excellent job, Derek. I hope you will still post here when time allows. Assuming he accepts, I'm sure ARC150 would make a fine moderator. I'm always impressed by the quality of his posts.

Thanks!

I will continue to post, of course. I only step down because I think someone else can do a better job.

ARC_150 has confirmed he'd like the job, so I've spoke to Russell about it to put things into motion.

I know some other folks may have liked a shot at the job, but I thought it over quite alot and I honestly believe the best thing for the forum is for someone like ARC to take over Mod duties.

I don't like the idea of Derek stepping down but, I do like his choice of replacement. ARC150 has that same calmness about his posts. Almost a reassuring way of writing.

judas69 said:
Somehow I always pictured you as being made of stone, derek. :err:

That'd be Sulla. :)

Soilworker said:
good thing you stepped down derek, it must have been hard moderating this subforum with the huge flood of intelligent posts.

Oh yes. Imagine me having to read vapid comments such as this everyday, it really was a chore.

please.