New Moderator

Justin S.

Sep 3, 2004
Chicago, IL
As of today, I will be working alongside Nile577 and ARC150 as a moderator of this board.

My addition is the result of discussions between myself and other long-standing members who thought we could use another hand in guiding this board along the original vision (a quality place to meet for those open to critical thinking and discussion).

I am looking forward to continuing to post here and as well as moderating with two thoughtful gentlemen.

Also, the current mod staff and Speed have reflected upon ways the board could be improved, without resorting to heavy handed moderation. We have decided that some changes are needed to keep poster interest and quality at a reasonable level. Therefore, we have settled upon a new forum policy as well as moderation guidelines that will clear up any confusion, present expectations clearly, and state exactly what moderators will and will not do (this is designed to prevent arbitrary use of mod-powers and personal conflicts).

We feel confidant that these clear and concise changes will result in a much smoother board, act as an incentive for more thoughtful postings, reduce friction between mods and the community, as well as reduce the need for intrusive moderation in general. The moderators will post the new policy and guidelines in a new sticky soon.

Once again, I am excited to be a part of the development of the board and to be moderating alongside two considerate and proven members.

Well.

I hope it works out. I don't recall enjoying much here over the past few months. Still, I am hopeful and pessimism is a fools game.

Good to have you on board, Justin. You're an intelligent fellow and I'm sure you will be a more than capable moderator.

Derek: I think the world in general has just been worse over the past few months. I mean, last night my dog ate one of granddad's sleeping pills. I was concerned. He is not a granddad. He’s only a medium-sized dog too. I 'flushed' him with a pint of milk but alas it achieved nothing. Well, other than to punish his digester. Today I have a diarrhea-suffering, stoned, glazed-eyed, stumbling dog and a sleepless granddad.

I do not enjoy them.

Good to have you on board, Justin. You're an intelligent fellow and I'm sure you will be a more than capable moderator.

Derek: I think the world in general has just been worse over the past few months. I mean, last night my dog ate one of granddad's sleeping pills. I was concerned. He is not a granddad. He’s only a medium-sized dog too. I 'flushed' him with a pint of milk but alas it achieved nothing. Well, other than to punish his digester. Today I have a diarrhea-suffering, stoned, glazed-eyed, stumbling dog and a sleepless granddad.

I do not enjoy them.

So, you live with your grandparents?

I never really posted here much but since I'm was gone (about 6 months) much has changed and I'm enjoying it to a great extend now. Keep up the good work.