New moderator

Nile577

Jun 26, 2003
Due to changing life circumstances (work, studies, marriage) I am unable to commit as much time to this place as it deserves. Therefore, while I'll still continue to post here when possible, I'd like to be replaced as moderator. Speed is my first choice for the position. If he declines, perhaps a consensus can be reached among the regulars. Thanks.

Due to changing life circumstances (work, studies, marriage) I am unable to commit as much time to this place as it deserves. Therefore, while I'll still continue to post here when possible, I'd like to be replaced as moderator. Speed is my first choice for the position. If he declines, perhaps a consensus can be reached among the regulars. Thanks.

I think we're ready for an election. If no one winner emerges, I can resume the post for awhile. So, I suppose I will withdraw my name barring any difficulties with finding a new moderator.

But it is a shame you're stepping down. Truly, your shoes will be impossible to fill.

How about Cythraul? Has anyone approached him? That would seem to offer a nice range of views from the moderating team, which would be a nice gesture, given the nature of this forum.

How about Cythraul? Has anyone approached him? That would seem to offer a nice range of views from the moderating team, which would be a nice gesture, given the nature of this forum.

I'd be fine with that (despite his recent outburst). I also think derbeder would be a good choice although I have no idea if it would interest him.

I have already asked derbeder, and he is not interested. Scourge of God would have my support.

Then, providing that he accepts and that there are no serious objections, I propose that Russell, or Deron, make him a moderator at the end of the week, say.

While I would not turn down the position, I still feel it is important, at least symbolically, to have a wider range of views represented in the moderating team. This is a lively forum, but it teeters at times on the edge of becoming the UM chapter of ANUS/Corrupt. I don't think adding me to the team would help alleviate that perception, and as long as that is the perception, it is likely to keep people who would otherwise add something productive to the discussion from even considering participation.

Plus, and I say this as modestly as possible, with the exception of Herr Prozak himself, I may very well be the most controversial and unpopular 'character' in the online metal community. I'm not sure you need a polarizing figure with his name on the letterhead.

In truth, Justin and I already have extremely similar thoughts, so I don't think you need be concerned that you are somehow narrowing a 'dazzling panoply' of moderating opinion. I also don't think this board is as tendentious as it once was in regards to ANUS/Corrupt.

I think you're an intelligent, eloquent guy and, if you feel you can agree with what is posted here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/philosopher/267488-forum-policy.html, would be an excellent choice for the position of moderator. I don't really care about controversy or the online metal community. Your above post is evidence enough that any polarizing would be the result of your argument as opposed to your moderation.

ARC150 is technically a mod, although he hasn't logged on since January 13th...

About this: do we need three moderators? If so, would it be fair to ARC to remove him in favour of a more active poster (Cythraul?)?

About this: do we need three moderators? If so, would it be fair to ARC to remove him in favour of a more active poster (Cythraul?)?

The number of moderators certainly did not come about by "need" in terms of "workload", but other issues (such as availability, activity, etc.).

Two, in different time zones, is definitely more than sufficient for our little board. I suppose three is alright, but more than that seems silly.

ARC150 isn't here, so I doubt he'll mind the axe.

While I would not turn down the position, I still feel it is important, at least symbolically, to have a wider range of views represented in the moderating team. This is a lively forum, but it teeters at times on the edge of becoming the UM chapter of ANUS/Corrupt. I don't think adding me to the team would help alleviate that perception, and as long as that is the perception, it is likely to keep people who would otherwise add something productive to the discussion from even considering participation.

Plus, and I say this as modestly as possible, with the exception of Herr Prozak himself, I may very well be the most controversial and unpopular 'character' in the online metal community. I'm not sure you need a polarizing figure with his name on the letterhead.

The most controversial hey? Thats impressive.

Arc150, while being a very intelligent and excellent poster, has been a big bust. I convinced Derek that he was a good person to hand moderating duties over to. Sorry, everyone.

I certainly wouldn't mind taking the job, but I really do think Scourge of God would make a good moderator. I mean, I don't think his trollish persona would spill over into his mod duties or would make him any less qualified. He seems pretty level-headed when he's not busy calling people "cuntweed" or "faggot". And I don't see how anyone could reasonably have a problem with it. I mean, I take it that mod duties merely involve keeping the board free of stuff that is clearly useless and shit.

Anyway, I know some of my recent behavior has been out of line so I wouldn't be surprised at there being apprehension about letting me assuming mod duties. I wouldn't pick me.

edit: Also, I think derbeder and Seditious would make good mods.

I think Scourge of God would do excellently. Mod doesn't mean "aura of altering the forum's general views," just the ability to moderate the forum of bullshit without bias towards views, which I believe, especially with the above posts, Scourge of God would do superbly. The occasional "faggot" and "cuntweed" is welcome, too, just as Justin's "Tool"s add a bit of character to the forum. :p