i purchased a VTM today, and i record that!!

No sorry, but in near future i upload a real comparison.

before trying VTM, i don't like too much the idea of it, but is like Vcc. In 1 track doesn't feels too much difference, but if you put a Vcc and a VTM on every tracks of the project, the mix get better with zero tweaks.

Sorry for my mega poor english!!!

VTM is probably THE BEST, MOST ACCURATE, PRECISE AND USEFUL Tape Emu by a LANDSLIDE.

I find myself using WAY less EQ and Compression. The inherent frequency shifting and tape compression is nearly enough as is. Just as a real tape machine would behave.

I like hitting MOST things around 0dB on the meter, somtimes i like to back it off and hit around -6 or -8 I THINK it is on the meter...just depends... I basically push it until it starts sounding bad back it WAY off and push it up again until I get the desired result.

VTM is probably THE BEST, MOST ACCURATE, PRECISE AND USEFUL Tape Emu by a LANDSLIDE.

I find myself using WAY less EQ and Compression. The inherent frequency shifting and tape compression is nearly enough as is. Just as a real tape machine would behave.

I like hitting MOST things around 0dB on the meter, somtimes i like to back it off and hit around -6 or -8 I THINK it is on the meter...just depends... I basically push it until it starts sounding bad back it WAY off and push it up again until I get the desired result.

How's the CPU usage?

VERY acceptable. Not NEARLY as much as you'd think.... maybe 5% per instance, IDK to be honest?

*on our AMD Phenom Black Edition Quad Core*

yeah vtm is pretty fantastic. Its going to be one of my next purchases for sure. I tried the demo and really couldnt find a fault, it sounds like tape actually sounds to me. I adore what it does to my overhead tracks. It was a pinch cpu hungry on my dedicated music pc which is a dated quad core with 6 gigs of ram running on vista 64. I like Kramer tape alot too but its not for everything. While it may very well sound like the machine its supposed to emulate I just find it heavy handed to be useful on alot of stuff.