Kemper, torpedo live or Randall ISO Cab????

jherrera

Apr 17, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Im have this equipment.

-Axe FX II
-Diezel Einstein
-Mesa Mark V
-Evh 5153

Im looking for a new gear and i so interesed in the randall and Torpedo but i dont try them.

And now im thinking in bought the kemper to profile my amps, for use it at home.

Whats your favourite of that???

Sorry for my megapoor english

if I would own an Axe-Fx II, I would probably try to match the amps with that (different than the Kemper
but got other cool options) - I would probably go for an ISO Cab, or another cool amp or guitar :D

Yeah I don't see a point in getting the Kemper when you have the Axe-II which is able to do the same thing... and feel/sound better IMO.

If I were you I'd use the Axe-II with the Mark V and have one signal going out with the Mark IV preamp and a matched cab so that it sounds like your rig was mic'ed up. Then use the real cab just for monitoring and feel.

I like the axe fx but i wanna use my real amps in my home studio.

Now i cant decide Torpedo Live or randall ISO cab.

Im searching other iso cabs on thomann, but they only have the randall and the jet city iso cab.

For micking the iso cabs i have 2 sm57, a rode nt1a, shure sm7b and a chinese ribbon mic

If it's going to be between the Torpedo and ISO cab then I think my vote goes for Torpedo. ISO cab is a 1x12 and I'm not so sure it'll sound like a 4x12 cab.

Yeah I have the iso cab and while it can sound good, they just aren't quite the same. The best clips I've heard of it are Keith Merrow's, and he put in a different speaker I believe. I may be selling my iso cab soon. FWIW here are his iso cab sounds...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ_x_hUNrkI&feature=plcp[/ame]

Damn kinda makes me want to keep mine! I should play with it a bit more....

I hated my Randall Iso cab and could not sell it fast enough. It just sounds very boxy and there is no way i could get rid of that sound. I tried like 7 different mics and all with that same boxy mid tone. If you just want something for fun for your own personal recordings, then the Iso cab is fine and keeps the neighbors happy. If your doing albums and this is your career i think the Iso cab is junk and i would go a different route. I guess it really depends what you want to do exactly.

^^^ Yeah it sounds like you're not afraid to spend a bit of cash to get the nicest option, and the torpedo should definitely deliver...