I randomly reamped, remixed, and remastered something i track 1 year ago

brianhood

No Care Ever
tracked*

and for basically no reason other than i wanted to try out some new stuff on a good band.

Last year:Pod guitars, all slate drums
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/536384/Erra/final Mix/Seperate.mp3

---------------------------

Tonight: 5150 through mesa cab, slate drums(except for snare). I recorded the snare sample for a band called Carridale, and i thought i fit this band surprisingly well.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/536384/Erra/New Mix/Separate.mp3

completely different mastering chain as well

I pretty much started this tonight just trying to get a tight, more saturated sounding guitar tone. The tones i've gotten with my 5150 so far have been well..."loose" sounding? While i didn't quite get what i was looking for, it still isn't that bad

you guys are crazy. new one is tons better!

first one suffers from SEVERE digititus.... =D

the 5150 tones you get are great Brian... I didn't realize you weren't 100% happy with them.

looking more for that Seucof Bury Your Dead 5150 sound? which, I'll say, is the grand fucking daddy of all 5150 tones. bass tone has a lot to do with it but god damn that tone is sick...

Do you find the inherent thin-ness of the POD really helps seat it in a mix? It doesn't sound great by any stretch, but it really doesn't impose its footprint over the bass guitar or the vocal. I think that's the strength of those units...

The 5150 just wants to stomp on everything in the mids... which is largely what I hate about it, despite sounding fuller and individually 'better'.

Do you find the inherent thin-ness of the POD really helps seat it in a mix? It doesn't sound great by any stretch, but it really doesn't impose its footprint over the bass guitar or the vocal. I think that's the strength of those units...

The 5150 just wants to stomp on everything in the mids... which is largely what I hate about it, despite sounding fuller and individually 'better'.

this is where the 57+421 combo comes in handy. treat the phase between the two as an EQ of sorts....

but you're right, the pod does 'sit' better overall IMO without much hassle. it just sounds shite.

you guys are crazy. new one is tons better!

first one suffers from SEVERE digititus.... =D

the 5150 tones you get are great Brian... I didn't realize you weren't 100% happy with them.

looking more for that Seucof Bury Your Dead 5150 sound? which, I'll say, is the grand fucking daddy of all 5150 tones. bass tone has a lot to do with it but god damn that tone is sick...

damn that bury your dead tone ist just unreal epic.

Which album are we talking about here?

(sorry for the momentary derail)

you'll cry when you hear the way the gtrs sound and how the bass just adds that final magic.

most epic 5150 tone EVER. wish i had details.... MARK LEWIS??? HELLO??

=D

exactly dude. Couldn't have said it better myself

That's the thing i fight myself over the most when going with the 5150. It just never sits right in the mix

exactly dude. Couldn't have said it better myself

That's the thing i fight myself over the most when going with the 5150. It just never sits right in the mix

FWIW, thinking back, I had a much easier time getting the recorded mids right on a 6505+. Inherently more scooped. The vanilla model always seems to have too much 500hz, no matter what you do.

Thanks for the heads up Phil and CJ. I'll grab that one and have a listen ASAP.