not happy about this mix

also, if a bassist comes in the studio with old shitty strings, just take them off put them in a pot of hot ass water and boil them for a while and put them back on! they should make it through the session and sound like new strings as well!

Did this recently i wish i would have done it on my biggest project because he had been playing shows consistently and the strings just sounded like shit with all the shit on them.

Boil strings=temp tone!

also, if a bassist comes in the studio with old shitty strings, just take them off put them in a pot of hot ass water and boil them for a while and put them back on! they should make it through the session and sound like new strings as well!

Did this recently i wish i would have done it on my biggest project because he had been playing shows consistently and the strings just sounded like shit with all the shit on them.

Boil strings=temp tone!

i've done this before, but completely forgot about that trick. I can't remember how well it works though. thanks for the reminder!

I feel that the vocals doesn't really have their own space on some parts. Like from 1:10 to 1:25, that could be cause the guitars are a bit to loud.

I think it sounds good, and I like the live feel of the leads on the sides. Sounds awesome, GET A DIFFERENT KICK THOUGH. :p

Not going to lie, I'm usually not into metalcore, but I think this band's kind of cool minus the vocals. New mix sounds good but I agree it wasn't a major change.

Assuming that your still using ozone, Do you do any heavy compression in the multiband dynamics to keep the low end solid in your mixes because after listening to so much of your stuff, The low end is really tight.
I know it's a little off topic, It's just i was always curious how you get everything sounding consistent and a nice punch to it.

Assuming that your still using ozone, Do you do any heavy compression in the multiband dynamics to keep the low end solid in your mixes because after listening to so much of your stuff, The low end is really tight.
I know it's a little off topic, It's just i was always curious how you get everything sounding consistent and a nice punch to it.

YES!!! please :Spin:

i think the harmonies in the beginning when things kick in should be brought down a tiny bit, and add a little reverb. fix up the low end on the kick and bass and itll sound nice and big. good music also btw.

The lowend is something that changes every time i mix a band. Sometimes there is so much lowend in the bass that i have no choice but to throw c4 on the master buss. Sometimes the bass is so weak that i end up putting Maxbass or something similar on the bass bus and dont do any C4 on the master. It really just depends on the way the bass turned out, and how i'm feeling that particular day haha.

I'd say the majority of times, there is a ton of C4 taming the lows on the bass bus, and i'll put C4 on the master just to take a tiny amount out of 140hz and below.