I really need a new guitar for myself

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
Those who have listened to my clips can confirm this, the hollowbody just doesn't cut it. The thing is that I am really fond of LP type guitars and I have set my eyes on the ESP LTD EC-1000, but the fact that I could get an equally valued (but uglier) Schecter for about half the price, but I would have to wait for my friend to buy it for me as he has an endorsement deal and that might take a while... What do you think? So currently I have two choises on my mind...

a) Wait for a little while and get a Schecter Hellraiser Solo with EMG's from a friend with endorsement deal for a steal

b) get the LTD EC-1000 with EMG's for a lot more expensive price, but I could get it now.

id say schecter especially if , as you say , it would be a lot cheaper than the LTD

i dont like the shape of this schecter but it seems to be a good guitar
but if i were you (and i had a friend with an endorsement with schecter) i would chose another model...

I have an EC1000 loaded with 81's on both the neck and the bridge. It's not the greatest guitar for out and out shredding, though of course you can still tear it up, it just doesn't feel as fast as say an Ibanez or other LTD/ESP models like the Horizon. I love this guitar and I could never part with it, it is kind of like a Les Paul on crack lol. I am a fat dude with fat hands and fingers, so sometimes I do have just a little trouble with some upper registry fret access, for example playing the solo from December Flower by In Flames. It really isn't a big enough problem to keep me from recommending it to you though, the guitars look fucking ace and I haven't had any problems in the 5 years I have owned mine... other than my friend getting high and dropping a pod pro on it :erk:

I am a fat dude with fat hands and fingers, so sometimes I do have just a little trouble with some upper registry fret access, for example playing the solo from December Flower by In Flames. It really isn't a big enough problem to keep me from recommending it to you though, the guitars look fucking ace and I haven't had any problems in the 5 years I have owned mine

275lb here, but since I don't play any guitar solo or fast stuff in general, so that ain't that big of a problem... Well, the guitarshop opens in 20 mins, I guess I'll call them and go reserve it.

the uploading from the camera sucks as I don't have the cable to get the files to the computer, so this will have to do for now...

kitara.jpg

edit: I also tried out the Blackstar HT-5 amp while in the shop. Not a very versatile amp regarding tone, but you can actually get a pretty decent higain tone out of it. Maybe the best sounding below 30 watt amp I've ever tested.

Congrats! i'll be getting the same guitar in blue in a month or so.. (had someone buy it from the us for me when they were at $499 :) )
and, moar pics!
what colour did you get?

Congrats! i'll be getting the same guitar in blue in a month or so.. (had someone buy it from the us for me when they were at $499 :) )
and, moar pics!
what colour did you get?

I got the shiny black one:

http://www.thomann.de/fi/esp_ltd_ec1000_bk.htm
ESP-LTD-EC-1000_BLK.jpg

There was some minor problem with the bridge volume knob (for some reason when at full volume it went mute), so they gave me a 150€ discount right off the bat plus they used some contact spray and it seemed like it was fixed, but they said that in case if it started getting weird on me again the warranty will cover that, but they gave me a spare set of EMG pots (just in case), a strap and carrying case for free, which was nice. Would've easily cost something like 1250€ otherwise, but I ended up paying 960€ for all of it.

Finland isn't the cheapest country in the world and as everything has to be imported it also adds all sorts of extra costs like taxes and customs, so to Americans the price might seem quite high, especially when the USD-EUR course is like 1,5:1.

I maybe would've saved like ~300€ if I would've bough the Schecter, but considering that I liked the looks and feel of the LTD more (I went and tried them both) and the fact that I really need the guitar NOW and not in March, I think it was worth it. I get more pictures and clips with my amps when I get home on January 4rd, but it felt good with 6505 and Blackstar.

That is an awesome guitar man. I always loved the LTD eclipse and you got it in a class colour too, I love the gold hardware on the black. Well done on getting all that thrown in too. What guitars did you have before this one? The reason I ask is that I've always used a floyd rose and never the fixed bridge on these ones...

That is an awesome guitar man. I always loved the LTD eclipse and you got it in a class colour too, I love the gold hardware on the black. Well done on getting all that thrown in too. What guitars did you have before this one? The reason I ask is that I've always used a floyd rose and never the fixed bridge on these ones...

ltd ec-50 (the cheapest model with passive humbuckers. it has something wrong with g-string in the bridge, there is this screw that doesn't stay in place so it goes off tune right after you touch it, so I don't use it) and ibanez artcore (hollowbody)

Ah, I used to have the f-50 and I'm sure it had the same setup as the ec50. That had a string thru bridge on it though. I like the way you jumped right to the top with the EC 1000, It really is a beatiful guitar, a real top choice. Let us now how you get on with it. It should have tons more sustain than the artcore at least

Would've easily cost something like 1250€ otherwise, but I ended up paying 960€ for all of it.

Finland isn't the cheapest country in the world and as everything has to be imported it also adds all sorts of extra costs like taxes and customs, so to Americans the price might seem quite high, especially when the USD-EUR course is like 1,5:1.

I totally understand what you mean, things are the same way in this part of the world as well. An EC401 here costs around 1000€ and I haven't even seen a EC1000 in any of the stores, so when I saw it for that price I knew i had to make it happen somehow :).

Looking forward to a review on how it plays and sounds!