Apr 26, 2011
Montreal
www.facebook.com
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27347130/bird wazo cymbal samples yeee.mp3

two octava mods on overheads
1 mk 319 octva mod for the room
side of the room next to stair case I placed a cascade fat head mic

api 3124 and seventh circle audio pre amps

this is my first time sampling my cymbals, I hit them myself with a drum stick! programmed them in kontakt. I think they sound pretty realistic. however I didn't end up using my ride because my crash ride sounded kinda fake. I have a cloud over the kit cause I have low ceilings and I put gobos on both sides to absorb reflection. the drums are steven slate 4. what do you guys think!!

edit: here are my cymbals in a mix

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27347130/BIRD WAZO CYMBALS IN MIX.mp3

agreed, this sounds really good! prefer hats to the left though (drummers perspective), but that's just preference. what cymbals are these?

hmmm just realized they are all zildjian except the china and one crash are paiste. i actually have a bunch of paiste cymbals too so im gonna sample them as well! this recording i programmed all the hard hit samples, and i got like 16 hard hits per cymbal so if im programming a chorus in a song i dont need to repeat a sample for a pretty long time hehe so i think it makes it sound more raw, but makes it very inconvenient to program in kontakt , but kinda fun at the same time.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...62617791.71242.135141773207028&type=3&theater

that's a picture of some of the cymbals and the gobos and cloud around my drum kit!

I was trying to set it up in kontakt like the joey sturgis cymbals (I own 3 packages cause I started to want different cymbal sounds on each project), but I couldn't figure it out, so instead I just assigned 16 hard hits to 16 notes on the keyboard, but that means you have to move the midi notes all around haha, or program the cymbals like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... and then back down or randomly around. but if you hit 16 different keys in one bar at least you know you didn't get any repetition. really inconvenient but I think I like this method haha. I wonder if anyone else on the forum has tried it this way

I was trying to set it up in kontakt like the joey sturgis cymbals (I own 3 packages cause I started to want different cymbal sounds on each project), but I couldn't figure it out, so instead I just assigned 16 hard hits to 16 notes on the keyboard, but that means you have to move the midi notes all around haha, or program the cymbals like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... and then back down or randomly around. but if you hit 16 different keys in one bar at least you know you didn't get any repetition. really inconvenient but I think I like this method haha. I wonder if anyone else on the forum has tried it this way

omg just select round robin

hmm you can select round robin if you assign it 16 different hits to 16 different keys? cause i wasnt able to put 16 different hits on key and get it to work, maybe i just don't know how to use battery, actually I wasn't able to figure out how to make it play randomly in battery, I selected it to play randomly but it never worked for me, kept on playing the same hit. maybe I kept on doing something wrong, but i was following the signals audio youtube tutorial so I don't knowwwww, that's why I did it this way haha