spent the last few hrs making kontakt instr's from my drum/cymbal collection

DeclanWhite

Oct 9, 2009
Australia
yep! everything you hear is my drums and cymbals apart from the kick which is slate kick 5, as my kick is a piece of shit and i dont have kick mic/s anyway, and the room sounds are also slate

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12459294/sample sampler.mp3

it's two zildjian 6" zilbels, 18" a custom crash, 19" a custom medium crash, 19" aaxtreme chinese (sabian), 13.25" k custom hybrid, 21" a custom rezo ride.

drums are 10x5.5, 14x10 custom drums (the matching kick is coming soon)
snare is 13x6.5 pearl reference
i'm sure the drums could sound much better in somewhere other than my bedroom.

i made kontakt instruments for the cymbals, and trigger instruments for the drums :)

guitar is pod >joey tact preset.

i'll be honest, i only did hard hits for the cymbals and toms as it was mainly just a test, i'll try different snare drum tunings over the next few days to try and make a 'go to' snare sample for myself haha and i'll make more cymbal samples for different velocities

maybe one day soon. i want to get my own kick sample too.. and maybe try to sell it for a low cost?

i just updated the link with a longer sample tune, and the same thing after it just drums.

I'm really interested in these. They sound great. Are the instruments you made processed or are they dry samples?

This sounds damn good. I would totally buy this depending on the price, it sounds way better than Slate. What's the setup like, and is this done in a bed room?

Good job. Those riffs are pretty awesome too, what guitar and strings did you use?