New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
Setlist:
Nunc Fluens
The Space For This
Evolutionary Sleeper
VEIL OF MAYA!!!
Integral Birth

Since the venue had a curfew (Bristol Academy) they got a rather short setlist, which sucks, but goddamn, what a setlist.
I've NEVER seen a live band play tighter or cleaner than these guys.
Sean Reinert is an absoloute machine. I swear the man didn't miss a single beat.

If any of you guys get a chance to go and see them, short set be damned, go and see them.

thats cool,
i'd like to have another chance to see these guys,
they played at Graspop 2007 and i was really looking forward to checking them out, having not heard anything from them before.
when they came on i wandered up to the tent, reelin' drunk, heard the first parts of Veil Of Maya and thought to myself, "What the fuck is this shit??", i couldn't see the stage at all so i asked someone beside me if i was at the right tent for Cynic, he confirmed that this was indeed the band i'd heard so much praise about and i promptly wandered off again.
sorely disappointed.

many months later i decided to check out some of their recordings and i quite liked it :) so it'd be cool to see em live again for a fair evaluation.

Hey, I'm listening to Traced In Air right now...
You bet I'll take every chance to see them again (after seeing them in Wacken 08, awesome!).

For me it's December 11th in Berlin and December 12th in Hamburg. Can't wait!

I saw them in London. Amazing live band. They played the same setlist, but they also played How Could I, as quite a few people in the crowd were shouting for them to play it.

Great gig. Im annoyed I didn't buy a t shirt now, as I cant find them online anywhere now.

it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight it's tonight

Traced is great btw

I'll be at the Hamburg gig December 12th, too. I like Opeth a lot, but I am already beyond excited to finally see Cynic after all.

thats cool,
i'd like to have another chance to see these guys,
they played at Graspop 2007 and i was really looking forward to checking them out, having not heard anything from them before.
when they came on i wandered up to the tent, reelin' drunk, heard the first parts of Veil Of Maya and thought to myself, "What the fuck is this shit??", i couldn't see the stage at all so i asked someone beside me if i was at the right tent for Cynic, he confirmed that this was indeed the band i'd heard so much praise about and i promptly wandered off again.
sorely disappointed.

many months later i decided to check out some of their recordings and i quite liked it :) so it'd be cool to see em live again for a fair evaluation.

Just burned a Veil of Maya cd. I don't get it. Maybe I've been recording for too long. I can't stand the following:
1. Fake guitars
2. Over edited music
3. Muddy mix

Ruins what could have been a nice display of good musicianship. IMHO.

Just burned a Veil of Maya cd. I don't get it. Maybe I've been recording for too long. I can't stand the following:
1. Fake guitars
2. Over edited music
3. Muddy mix

Ruins what could have been a nice display of good musicianship. IMHO.

Wait, are you talking about the band "Veil of Maya?" Cuz the Cynic CD with the song of the same name is called "Focus" (and yes, I think the sound quality is pretty awful, but it's from like 1993 so I can't judge it too harshly)

except veil of maya is real guitars. o.o

they are stupid tight live

Wait, are you talking about the band "Veil of Maya?" Cuz the Cynic CD with the song of the same name is called "Focus" (and yes, I think the sound quality is pretty awful, but it's from like 1993 so I can't judge it too harshly)

LOL ya i meant the band, my bad...didn't want to start a new thread haha meat head!!!

ps I just owned myself haha