I SAW CYNIC LIVE LAST NIGHT!

Wait, are you talking about the band "Veil of Maya?" Cuz the Cynic CD with the song of the same name is called "Focus" (and yes, I think the sound quality is pretty awful, but it's from like 1993 so I can't judge it too harshly)

heartwork is from 93 isnt it? and slaughter of the soul?
of course you can judge it harshly, scott burns production sucks.

Nice...

Saw them with Meshuggah and The Faceless a couple weeks ago. I was so, so excited for it. I'd been waiting a long time to see them live. While the playing was GREAT, the tone and sound left much to be desired. The drums were quite buried and the guitars were wayyyyy loud and a bit weak sounding. I was very surprised at this! Great show otherwise.

They were filming a dvd for Meshuggah and The Faceless....so those dudes had great sound. I'm a fan of The Faceless, but didn't realize how good they were as players. Damn impressed.

-Joe

Nice...

Saw them with Meshuggah and The Faceless a couple weeks ago. I was so, so excited for it. I'd been waiting a long time to see them live. While the playing was GREAT, the tone and sound left much to be desired. The drums were quite buried and the guitars were wayyyyy loud and a bit weak sounding. I was very surprised at this! Great show otherwise.

They were filming a dvd for Meshuggah and The Faceless....so those dudes had great sound. I'm a fan of The Faceless, but didn't realize how good they were as players. Damn impressed.

-Joe

Yeah the faceless are mindblowingly good players.
Really wish I could have gone to that tour, Meshuggah The Faceless and Cynic are 3 of my favourite bands.

Yeah the faceless are mindblowingly good players.
Really wish I could have gone to that tour, Meshuggah The Faceless and Cynic are 3 of my favourite bands.

Yeah twas pretty awesome!

For some reason I lumped them into the "core" category of bands (which is irrelevant to me nowadays because I don't give a shit which supposed genre a band is from...if they are good, they are good), but man their playing, tone, and sound just really kicked ass.

I believe they still play through Vettas? Great live sound.

-Joe

Nice...

-Joe

Our sound probably sucked because we didn't get a sound check. Meshuggah was so busy with their camera crew and stuff that we didn't even have any time to do a line check those 3 days of filming. Thanks for the playing comment though :)

Our sound probably sucked because we didn't get a sound check. Meshuggah was so busy with their camera crew and stuff that we didn't even have any time to do a line check those 3 days of filming. Thanks for the playing comment though :)

Tymon!

Nothing against the band's ability for good tone whatsoever really...! I should have alluded to the venue's sound issues. I knew it wasn't your fault and it's funny...my buddy said "probably because they were filming..." lol.

I hope you guys don't have the displeasure of playing BB King's any time soon. I can't count how many times I've seen shows there with miserable sound.

You have proved that the Axe can cut it with your clips, so I trust that more than anything. :)

-Joe

Hey Tymon, just PayPal'ed my copy of Exivious' forthcoming record!

Anyone know if there's more than one vinyl release for Traced In Air? I know there's the Back on Black one, but I see some places saying there's another one to be released. Any info would be helpful....

Thanks

Yeah twas pretty awesome!

For some reason I lumped them into the "core" category of bands (which is irrelevant to me nowadays because I don't give a shit which supposed genre a band is from...if they are good, they are good), but man their playing, tone, and sound just really kicked ass.

I believe they still play through Vettas? Great live sound.

-Joe

I was at that same show at Irving, boy was it great. I wasn't too pleased with Meshuggah though, they were tight as hell, but they got boring after a bit. (Cynic was INSANE THOUGH, SO GOOD).

Everyone used the Vetta on that tour, I believe everyone was using Messhuggahs backline.

-Greg

You're from Cynic? Wow, sorry for the wrong info. You guys were completely kick ass that night, I never heard you before then and I just got hooked.