I saw Gojira live two days ago...

osum

Misanthrope
Jun 26, 2011
South Germany
...seriously, how fucking tight can a band be!?
Not only that they have an incredible tight performance, their stage presence and energy is immense. Especially their bass player is freaking crazy :D

11885052_1042499689107096_2384407834081528298_n.jpg

He was banging around the entire concert (and I mean the entire!) like Newsted in his best days.

I saw them also last year in the same venue (small club show) and was impressed then, but I'm even more impressed now how notoriously crazy their performance is.

And did I mention HOW GOOD THEIR LIVE SOUND IS?

Sorry, but I had to post this.

Their soundguy is a good friend of mine. He also tracked the drums and guitars for their next record. Mario and especially Joe are absolute perfectionists. And even after three years working almost exclusively for Gojira, my friend is still under friendly but constant pressure.

Their soundguy is a good friend of mine. He also tracked the drums and guitars for their next record. Mario and especially Joe are absolute perfectionists. And even after three years working almost exclusively for Gojira, my friend is still under friendly but constant pressure.

Well, he really does an incedibly good job then!

Seen them 4 times and they have been equally, ridiculously tight every time. The bass player definitely reminds me of Newsted with his thick neck headnbanging hahahaha they are definitely one of the best bands to see live, and I say this coming from a guy who has never even heard one album from the all the way through.

One of my favorite bands and for some insane reason, I've never seen them live. I do watch live videos of them fairly often though.

Fuck, they played in Pratteln and I missed it? Must have been a blast!

Jup, letzten Freitag. War der Ersatztermin, ursprünglich wars irgendwann im Juli aber dann ist ja Joe und Marios Mutter gestorben und es wurde auf den 21. August verschoben.
Hab sie letztes Jahr auch schon im Z7 gesehen. Beide male der absolute Hammer, wirklich eine der geilsten Live-Bands überhaupt.

A band I work with is supporting them in Dublin and Belfast this weekend.
Might go to the Dublin gig Friday if I dont run late in the studio.
Good band but the constant harmonic rakes annoy me like Zak Wylde's constant pinch harmonics.

Although I'm not a fan at all, they're really impressive on stage. It's good to see a band that can play their shit! And they're very nice guys too which is more cool and it's a little part of their success also I think. It's worth adding that their FOH/light guys are great and tight as well.

Their next album is most probably gonna be mixed by a not so typically metal engineer/producer.

Should be interesting.

Ok, interesting.
I first thought one possibility would have been their FOH Guy as he also mixed the L'Enfant sauvages Live DVD as I saw in the booklet, Johann Meyer right? Anyway you can tell him I love the job he does with their live sound and the mix of the dvd as well :D

Whoever does the album, I'm very exited.

Their next album is most probably gonna be mixed by a not so typically metal engineer/producer.

Should be interesting.

Good, cuz the one Josh Wilbur did was my least favorite of their last three.

Still love it but it just didn't sound raw enough to be gojira. The snare bugs me.

Good, cuz the one Josh Wilbur did was my least favorite of their last three.

Still love it but it just didn't sound raw enough to be gojira. The snare bugs me.

Yeah I know what you mean. I liked the mix, but I think that the mix of TWOAF fitted their style way better.

Ok, interesting.
Whoever does the album, I'm very exited.

It's gonna be a seasoned guy that's been in the business for quite a while and did some huge rocking records.

But I'll keep my mouth shut, don't wanna get in trouble with my friend and the band.

Anyway, the answer should be in your ears next spring.