I saw Inflames today!

felipe-x

Dec 7, 2004
santiago, chile
finally! after 23 year of waiting! since i was born actually... they played tonight. without jesper on gtrs.. but with other guy... first time playing in chile..

some songs of the setlist: episode 666, behind space... pinball map, the hive, the quiet place, only for the weak,etc.....

also i was drinking with some friends at the entrance of the gig
( back door entrance) and suddenly all the guys of inflames passed around me and my friends! wohooo! couldnt believe that happends

:kickass:

now i can die... :Smokin:

Anders Fridén quote: " playing in europe is boring!!, you guys are the best! "

Awesome man, glad they played a fair amount of their old (good) stuff! I like Bjorn as a guitarist better anyway, but how come Jesper wasn't there?

too bad you didnt get a chance to see em about 6 years ago... ever since then its been kinda... meh.

better lights these days, courtesy of Martin Mueller.

I'll be seeing In Flames in 2-3 months time, basically in my local pub ! It only holds about 300 people so it should be cool to see them up close and personal in a small intimate venue like that.

Years ago, on the Lateralus tour, i saw Tool in a small 300 person venue too about 2 days before they headlined an Ozzfest date. I like Tool but im not a huge fan but i gotta say it was an amazing show. Definitely one of the best i was ever at.

Its cool to see these bands in small local venues instead of the usual big concert halls etc...

sounds like me - I miss all my favorite bands when they were in their prime, and end up seeing them with fill-in members or when they're playing all newer/lamer songs.

case in point: by the time I saw amorphis, the only old song they played was Black Winter Day and I had to sit through all their new crap just to hear it.

When I finally got to see them a couple years ago, both Bjorn and Jesper weren't there and they had two guys playing that looked extremely similar to them. If I hadn't been close enough to notice the different tattoos, I may have thought it was still them. The guys played really well.

The only thing that sucked at the show is Anders gave the mic to some kid in the audience to sing Only For The Weak and the kid knew none of the words even though he had just told Anders he did. Anders stayed on the side of the stage drinking and wouldn't let the kid give the mic back so he basically looked like a total dumbass.

When I finally got to see them a couple years ago, both Bjorn and Jesper weren't there and they had two guys playing that looked extremely similar to them. If I hadn't been close enough to notice the different tattoos, I may have thought it was still them. The guys played really well.

The only thing that sucked at the show is Anders gave the mic to some kid in the audience to sing Only For The Weak and the kid knew none of the words even though he had just told Anders he did. Anders stayed on the side of the stage drinking and wouldn't let the kid give the mic back so he basically looked like a total dumbass.

Hah yeah, the time when Jesper was out for some reason and Björn was home with his kids. Hilarious, really.

And oh shit, I HATE IT when bands do that! I did not pay good damn money to see some random asshole singing my favorite songs that's why I got fucking youtube. And OFTW? Hasn't he butchered that song live enough?

sounds like me - I miss all my favorite bands when they were in their prime, and end up seeing them with fill-in members or when they're playing all newer/lamer songs.

case in point: by the time I saw amorphis, the only old song they played was Black Winter Day and I had to sit through all their new crap just to hear it.

same. I saw bury your dead a couple months ago and I really liked their Cover Your Tracks album. Needless to say they suck live now and It was one big gimmick and they only played 1 song from CYT :erk:

How have Bury Your Dead changed from CYT? (not being provocative, I don't really follow the band so I wouldn't know)

Just you watch your mouth!

Dems my boys :D

That would have been Engelin who's playing with them now and Henrik Danhage from Evergrey, good players!

I think in flames is on my top three "sen most times" band with the haunted and mustasch, back in the day we were constantly playing the same venues and/or festivals

I'm currently thinking wether I should buy a ticket for the upcoming tour or not. Seen them 9 times I think. That and the fact that I'm kinda broke and too many new songs in the set when I saw them the last time gives me some worries...

Savo: What is your hometown, where they will be playing the small club?