I scarred the hell out of a bunch of ppl w/a poem I wrote...

Originally posted by Pyrus

If anyone wants to see more, let me know.
hey man, that poem was awesome, and i do the same whenever i write anything - add in metal references \m/ if your willing to post more id be happy to read em. rock on

Lord of Metal-Understand,the people that were scared by my poem are used to poems about sanity/insanity,love,etc.And not most of the poems they go over are that *extreme*in either imagery or subject matter because the stuff has to be school appropriate.And plus there are several devoute Catholic/Christian ppl there,so...yeah.

...more poems. This one's from an assignment to write thirteen lines each about love and war (I won't subject you to anything I've written about love.)

We Are the Warriors

Fury dreams and napalm screams set the world alight
Predestined fate of processed hate driven down into nght
Living demons from an earthly hell
Here at last, their shadows cast to block out your sight

Tides of blood, this mine’s a dud, cast it into the sea
The prophecy’s true, I weep for you and what will never be
Tears touch the crimson, the tide begins to swell
The fight for peace will never cease but the bomb will set us free

Going mad, you’ve been had, there’s nothing left to save
Embers smolder, heroes molder in an unmarked mass grave
Called again to march at the tolling of the bell
The heavy tread of the dead as the madmen rave...

Says “We are the warriors.”

And this one, was inspired by "The Crucible," a movie about the Salem witch trials...actually a play first, but I haven't seen it on stage. It's untitled because I'm lazy.

Out of the forgefire they came
With their holy men dreaming as their sanity died screaming
Hunting for someone to blame
As their god’s crown of thorns hides his devilish horns
The children wished only to feel
Just one dance, one escape from imprisoning fate
Suspicion made them into steel
But blackened and scarred, madness iron-hard
Driven by hate to accuse
One idle boast leads to the hangman’s post
Childish rage tightens the noose
And draws innocents farther like lambs to the slaughter
Divine chaos swells and grows
A good man falls dead, jealous lust claims his head
And the flock are reaped in rows
Marching forth to the bleeding with their martyred god leading
When the storm’s over nineteen have passed
Guilty of no crime but wrong place, wrong time
The town is left silent at last
Praying to the Son, weeping “what have we done?”

I'd like to hear what you all think, and more importantly, some of your own writings...what've you all got lurking in your twisted minds?

The difference is, I don't take my insecurities seriously. There are two or three people in my class who do...I'M so fucking sick of them. Post the horror stories if you get the chance, DND...I'm not a big fan of poetry anyway; I just had to do it for class. More of a fiction writer myself.

Oh yeah, what the fuck is a nu-metal teen? Apparently, it's not someone who listens to nu-metal (since I sure as hell don't, and DND doesn't appear to either.) Enlighten us.

Oh yeah, what the fuck is a nu-metal teen? Apparently, it's not someone who listens to nu-metal (since I sure as hell don't, and DND doesn't appear to either.) Enlighten us.

Although I did not make the original statement, I do think I can help answer this. The other term I have heard (here) is mallcore.

1. Wear black to be wearing black.
2. Often wear the black shirts with "disturbing" messages written in white on them.
3. Think Slipknot is death metal.
4. Thinks they have a terrible life
5. Call themselves freaks
6. Writes "dark, and disturbing" poetry/stories

And there a ton more signs, but I will let others add to the list...

Originally posted by TrueBeliever
Although I did not make the original statement, I do think I can help answer this. The other term I have heard (here) is mallcore.
Ohhhhh...those wankers. Don't run into many of them...mostly pop-punks, trendies, and gangstas at the old HS, and the new one's full of *gasp* INDIVIDUALISTS.

Yeah, I do that. Personal style thing, and also my way of telling people to leave me alone.
2. Often wear the black shirts with "disturbing" messages written in white on them.

Nah...usually just band shirts, or the occasional out-of-left-field thing like a Shakespeare quotation shirt.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Nah...it was never worse than "kinda shitty," and it generally goes pretty well.
Perhaps a freak among freaks...more like loser, and damn proud of it.
6. Writes "dark, and disturbing" poetry/stories.
I tend to write depressign stuff because it's my niche...I can't write poetry half as well as most of my class, so I just cover up for it by doing stuff no one else in the class does. My stories tend to be more like epic/heroic fantasy stuff.

And there a ton more signs, but I will let others add to the list...
Now that I know who you're talking about...

7. Desperately attempt to piss people off so their existence will be justified.
8. Call any non-hardcore bands "pussies," "sellouts," etc.
9. Take any and all drugs available, just to prove how badass they are.
10. Are homophobic, racist, and occasionally anti-Semitic/-Islamic.
11. Think the height of coolness is flunking all your classes to show that "the just don't care."
12. Do the best they can to make their parents hate them.
13. Take offense at constructive criticism of their writing, to the point of punching critics in the face (personal experience with a certain fuckwad sophomore.)

Originally posted by TrueBeliever

***Sometimes I wear black,black shirt and jeans,though the shirts are often other colors***
***No,that's just lame.There are so many ppl doing that in my school that the messages have just lost their purpose...if there ever was a purpose***
***No...***
***Not great,but not anything I'd call a crisis hotline over.It would help if I could get a bit of emotioal help,though;but nothing to complain about,really.***
***No,there are others that try too hard.Besides,I think that the white boys using Ebonics and wearing baggy oversized clothing are far more freakish than I.***
6. Writes "dark, and disturbing" poetry/stories
***Well,dark and disturbing stories,yes.But they are usually more than that.I try to actually create convincing characters and throw in more in depth stuff or a twist ending to classic horror cliche's...hopefully not sounding too full of myself there***

7. Desperately attempt to piss people off so their existence will be justified.
***Well,I don't intend to,but I usually piss ppl off w/my veiws on religion and music and things like that.But I try to pick very carefully who I share my poinions w/to avoid confrontation.***
8. Call any non-hardcore bands "pussies," "sellouts," etc.
***Don't we all?***
9. Take any and all drugs available, just to prove how badass they are.
***No,not yet...***
10. Are homophobic, racist, and occasionally anti-Semitic/-Islamic.
***No,I've been around enough of that racist,etc. shit to not want to have any of those veiws at all***
11. Think the height of coolness is flunking all your classes to show that "the just don't care."
***I maintain okay grades.I try to do better,but I just have trouble paying attention or I don't feel like anything I do will make a difference to anything...so I don't apply myself.But I try to limit those times to the fewest as possible***
12. Do the best they can to make their parents hate them.
***No,I do enough to piss them off unintentionally just by being my own stubborn,idiotic self.I aviod them when I know they are pissed off and stay quiet when I have to be around them.Though we are becoming less hostile.***
13. Take offense at constructive criticism of their writing, to the point of punching critics in the face (personal experience with a certain fuckwad sophomore.)
***I'll admit I have a hard time w/criticism,but that's one of my many faults.I may work on it,I may just learn to accept the criticism.It depends in what way the person is giving me constructive criticism-in a way that is them giving me an honest opinion and actually telling me what to do to make my work better,or someone just telling me what is bad to tell me what is bad and not giving me any ways that they tink it would be better,then accusing me of being too uptight when I can't take blatant criticism with no intent to come thru w/the constructive part.

good poem, i thought it was rather "nice" as opposed to "scary"....kinda tugs at you a bit, though i thought the blood offering coulda been avoided....it made it seem too "ritual" like...i mean as someone said before, if they were tears it coulda worked, and to me would've seemed like the ghost appearing would be like some sort of retribution for her pain (mental) and sorrows, but its still good, i enjoyed the read.