i started recording the new necrophagia album yesterday

Apr 18, 2008
i am offiacially pleased to announce:Smokedev::Smokedev: i started recording, and will be mixing and mastering the new necrophagia album death trip 69.. were on day 2 of tracking drums, expecting to finish them up in the next few days.... were putting all kinds of blood, sweat, and gore into this. there will be videos of the production and recording process on youtube.. there might be a few special guests that stop through:headbang::headbang:. expected release date october 31 2010

i am offiacially pleased to announce:Smokedev::Smokedev: i started recording, and will be mixing and mastering the new necrophagia album death trip 69.. were on day 2 of tracking drums, expecting to finish them up in the next few days.... were putting all kinds of blood, sweat, and gore into this. there will be videos of the production and recording process on youtube.. there might be a few special guests that stop through:headbang::headbang:. expected release date october 31 2010

That's amazing man! I really liked Harvest Ritual.

"Death Trip 69 will feature several guest appearances, including lead guitar parts by Mick Thomson from Slipknot" - from wikipedia

is this true?

there has been talks of this.....ill find out come mixdown time. if it happens nice, if it doesnt its still gonna be my best work i can do.....

THE Necrophagia? Congrats!

I wonder if a certain "Anton Crowley" might be stopping by. ;)

i dont think thats gonna happen there still friends though ....

finished tracking drums last night at 3am.... we are going for a more organic oldskool feel on this record, its not gonna be littered with samples and heavy to grid quantizing .shawn put in work to make sure his performances were spot on. The raw sounds of the drum kit in the room was massive sounding...

special thanks to equation audio for making some badass little drum mics.. my studio was robbed on may 30 and all of my 421's were stolen along with about 50 percent of the shit in my studio.... the equation 102 and 104's held there own filling in for the missing 421s that i so dearly love on toms.

kicks -sm7's,trig
ovrs km84's
toms equation 102 and 104
floor toms 58's
snare 58 top and bottom

its a pretty modest setup running into highly modded 002 console, digimax, x73x4, dbx1066, and the custom ssl comp......

start tracking rythem guitars on friday we have to wait on one of the guitar player to fly in from la tomm......

just an update: ive finished all the tracking and started to enter the mixing and editing phase of the project..... death trip 69 will feature grammy winning casey caos from the band amen on the track kyra. death trip 69 will feature maniac from the legendary black metal band mayham. as well as a few other guest appearances..............

coproducing the project along with the band has been a blast.... and look forward to working on many more...

ill be editing a video of the tracking, recording and mixing of kyra as soon as i get a bit more indepth of the project...and can take a day to edit down what we shot so far

brendan seven40studios/lasthouseontheleftproductions

How's the guitar tones gonna be like? I remember how midrange heavy the guitars were in Harvest Ritual..

How's the guitar tones gonna be like? I remember how midrange heavy the guitars were in Harvest Ritual..

its not so mid heavy more oldskool wall of marshall feel,,, i did my best to combat that from the beginning placing mics to get the tone right during tracking .... 90percent of the tone comes from the players hands.... boris is very clean with his playing i wish everyone strived to play that clean when they track.....

jcm2000 58, sm7b, x73x4pre into ssl e channel strip

Good to hear it's not going to be heavily edited and quantized! How exactly are you going to edit? Are you editing drums to make them tighter but not completely to the grid?

Good to hear it's not going to be heavily edited and quantized! How exactly are you going to edit? Are you editing drums to make them tighter but not completely to the grid?

just a bit to tightten up the kicks some or if tempo shifted a litltle too much.. through the grid out the window for the most part......they wanted modern oldskool and im doing my best to keep that feel that humans actually played on this record... i come from the ultra tight world of production kinda against the grain from what im used to but it can only make things better switching it up and keeping things organic every now and again.....