I still cant figure out how to export a mix in cubase??

doclegion

Contagious Destruction
Dec 31, 2006
I still cant figure out how to export a file(consolidated) for someone else to mix?? I use in cubaseSX3
I put a post up before but nothing worked right?? I really gotta learn this before i record any bands and this is slowing me down!!!

Any help?? Thanks

Here's my method. I start out by putting a "001" or something in front of all of the track names. That way when it is exported and in the audio folder, all of the files you want will be at the top of the list with a 001 in front of it. There is a way to delete everything but the files you want, but this is good if you don't want to delete those files and you dont want to waste time searching for a bunch of individual files in the audio folder.

Then, take the "Draw" tool that looks like a pencil and draw an empty box at the beginning of every track and line it up with 0 at the beginning of the timeline. This way, all of your tracks will start at 0 and will be already lined up for anyone mixing.

Then, select everything, right click, in the menu go to "audio" then "bounce selection." You will have all the individual tracks in the audio folder right at the top.

Edit: Just realized you might be talking about bouncing tracks down WITH effects. You either need to get some plug-in for that, which can do 10 at a time during playback or something.. or just man up and bounce each individually (which would suck).

Select the "range" tool.
Select all your tracks with the range tool
Audio -> Bounce Selection

Audio will now be consolidated to the same size as the range you selected. The new files will be named according to how your tracks were named so make sure you have appropriate track naming before bouncing. Make sure you have any edits and crossfades sorted beforehand as well.

way way back in the "olden times", we used to read our manuals and practice through tutorials and actually learn how to do things properly on our own.. then we didn't have to waste other's time asking such basic questions that we should have learned on day one of owning the software.

yeah.. i'm a dick.... on this subject anyway, it's a pet peeve of mine (should put it into the "i fucking hate it when... " thread).... read a manual for Xst's sake.

no one minds helping out others here on legit questions... but things like this.. it just lowers the bar here and encourages laziness to answer them.

Yea or the manual dont tell me about consolidating audio for someone else to mix??
Yea its a real pet peeve of mine when people ask for help and others act like (you??) know it all or maybe i didnt understand something in the manual!!
Ever think of that Oh yea thats rights but your Mr Murphy you got all the answers

Thanks for the help---By the way someone wants to switch to protools better help em out!!!
so keep you peeves to yourself for Xst's sake..........

no one minds helping out others here on legit questions... but things like this.. it just lowers the bar here and encourages laziness to answer them. and it is indeed in the manual. sorry you chose to take this as a personal attack... it wasn't.

Oh yea thats rights but your Mr Murphy you got all the answers
anyway, here... step by step... is your best method for consolidating and exporting all the tracks in your cubase sessions for use in any other DAW... taken pretty much right out of the manual... not in one spot, but all the info is there.

1. Save project under a new name i.e., "trackname"forExport.cpr
2. Close original project.
3. Reset all faders to unity.
4. Re-route all tracks to master stereo buss.
5. Disable all insert effects, eq and sends on all channels.
6. Render any VSTi tracks if not done all ready.
7. Delete all unused tracks
8. Hit Ctrl+A to select all events on all remaining tracks
9. Select the 'Range' tool
10. Define range as being from t=0 to end of song
11. Drop down menu - Audio>Bounce
12. Choose 'replace events' in the dialogue box
13. When bounce is complete - File>Save project to new folder
14. In the dialogue box, make sure 'Minimize audio files' is checked
15. The resulting folder is your session file to take to the mixer and it contains all the audio you need to import into the mixer's host.

What about consolidating a MIDI file???

MIDI you just choose to Export Midi and make sure you choose type 1, multitrack... then anyone else can just import it using their DAW's Import MIDI functions.

"all the answers", indeed.

ps. switch to Pro Tools :cool:

pps. hippy

and it is indeed in the manual.
What would it be under?? I cant find what it would be under??

yea i know how to export audio and its not that
Im just trying to work this out so i can record some bands
I actually own all 3 manuals and maybe i dont know what im looking for so if ya can please fill me in?
I figured out the audio tracks now i just need to know how to bounce the midi track and im all set!!
T:headbang:hanks

anyway, here... step by step... is your best method for consolidating and exporting all the tracks in your cubase sessions for use in any other DAW... taken pretty much right out of the manual... not in one spot, but all the info is there.

1. Save project under a new name i.e., "trackname"forExport.cpr
2. Close original project.
3. Reset all faders to unity.
4. Re-route all tracks to master stereo buss.
5. Disable all insert effects, eq and sends on all channels.
6. Render any VSTi tracks if not done all ready.
7. Delete all unused tracks
8. Hit Ctrl+A to select all events on all remaining tracks
9. Select the 'Range' tool
10. Define range as being from t=0 to end of song
11. Drop down menu - Audio>Bounce
12. Choose 'replace events' in the dialogue box
13. When bounce is complete - File>Save project to new folder
14. In the dialogue box, make sure 'Minimize audio files' is checked
15. The resulting folder is your session file to take to the mixer and it contains all the audio you need to import into the mixer's host.

MIDI you just choose to Export Midi and make sure you choose type 1, multitrack... then anyone else can just import it using their DAW's Import MIDI functions.

ps. switch to Pro Tools :cool:

pps. hippy

Thanks Boss!!!:headbang:

I almost have it??
Everything seems to work, i cant load it into cubase to see if it works?? weird but i tried reaper and everything imports just fine
the only thing i cant get with the MIDI?? When you say typ1, multitrack?? I only have type 0?? What the hell!!!

I almost got it tho

"Protools" soon!!!!!! hahahhaha