I still don't fully understand the song Jotun

Jabi said:
Freddy Krueger: Yeah... I think The Jester Race and Whoracle are albums which can never be fully interpreted. That is because they are concept albums, and - AFAIK - Anders and Niklas first created the concept/the story and then wrote the lyrics based on the concept. Therefore it is very difficult to fully understand what the hell the lyrics are about, since we don't (accurately) know what the concept/story behind them is.
"
Ok, for those of you who have the whole Live in Koln video, you know that Anders explained the concept of The Jester Race. Basically, the album is about man's reliance on the machine, and if they continue to rely on the machine, they will eventually forget all of what they had in the past.

Whoracle is about the future, and what might happen if man (?) continues on the path that he has made for himself. The album's name, Whoracle, comes directly from "oracle", who is a person that can tell you the future. I am sure that if you look over all of the Whoracle lyrics, they are all intertwined. I am about to do that myself right now.

Ok, sorry for the three posts in a row (I know how it annoys some people), but now here is my analysis of Zombie Inc.

Truth serves them embrace
and defend her case
part flattery, part threats
"for those who cling to this
dominion will partake in it´s fall"

Immediately from the first verse, you can assume that the song is about a woman who is being accused of something, but you are not exactly sure what. Some people are in support of what she has done, and some are scorning her for what she has done. We all know that Anders has written about his "destructive" relationship, so I what I am thinking, is that this relationship started to turn sour around the time of writing Colony... thus if Anders would "cling to this dominion", the relationship, he would "partake in its fall". He probably started to realize that the relationship wasn't going good here.

with his silence, he passes the
judgement over them
"with your feverish signs of force
you´ll make them and yourself to
believe that he still retains his full power"

With this verse, I want to think that this woman is on some sort of trial. As the "judge", whoever this may be, starts telling what he believes is going on, he says, "With your feverish signs of force you´ll make them and yourself to believe that he still retains his full power." What I think he is really saying, is that this woman has a higher power, and that she is able to make herself and others believe that this newly introduced man still retains all of his power.

As a platform for divine foundations,
you want to make them suck

This verse, or pre-chorus... I think is stating that someone (the woman, or man), is draining the people's focus (the people are "them" in the lyrics) of what is going on, on a basis that this someone is like a god to these people, and the someone is taking advantage of that.

shallowness and beauty
was all that concerned her body
but the soul, her divine guest
were thrust to the bottom

This verse is describing the girl. She was shallow (as most girls are, eh :p) and beautiful... but this was all that showed to other people. Her personality and "divine guest" were thrown to the bottom, probably saying that the people could not see them through her shallowness and beauty.

surrendered to the sect
that has risen from it´s womb
"for those who cling to this
dominion will partake in it´s fall"

This woman was surrendered to a religious establishment (sect) after being tried, that possibly appeared out of nowhere to claim her. The 3rd and 4th lines are already explained.

All in all, I think that Zombie Inc. is about a relationship, that Anders has shown to us through the use of religious imagery, which makes it hard to distinguish if the song might actually be about some religious figure... The name Zombie Inc., might signify that people are mindless when it comes to these situations like the song has described, much like zombies. :)

The Hive... hmm, this is going to be a tough one, because the only thing that really gives me a clue of what the songs concept is, is the chorus. I don't know if I am going to do a full interpretation of the song, because the whole thing with bees/hornets/wasps is throwing me off. Basically, I think the song is about how man could have taken a different path, and been so much more than what we are now... obviously taken from the lyrics, but we are too numb to realize this, and we cannot feel guilty for everything that we have put the earth through to get to the position that we are in now.

Anders was creating the concepts, Niklas helped him phrase them in English. From what I understand, Anders wasn't familiar with more complicated English words and Niklas helped him with that. I believe Niklas did write some songs lyrics all by himself, but he worked with Anders on most.

Steve

Gotta run and didn't get to read through the entire thread so if this is already covered ground ignore it.

The last part, about Inverting the fjords, etc: I view it in the light of this Jotun is changing everything that is precedent in the world. The NY Skyline, the Statue of Liberty: Two thing synonymous with North America, things that have stood a test of time and are easily recognizable with a place, such as the fjords of Scandinavia. Basically, this thing changes all these, either destroying them, dwarfing them or becoming the symbol for the earth like those are for their respective areas. In this concept piece if one was to look down upon earth from the Mushroom-scattered (the spores being escape pods from earth?) colonies or speak about it they'd see or have brought to mind this Jotun, that changed everything in their world and basically destoryed it.

My two cents.

Nocturnal Emperor said:
wow i must be pretty bloody good at downloading because iv managed to download not only cds with the graphics on them but the booklets and jewel cases. I support the band just as much as most people do and own all there albums because in flames are one of my favorite bands so dont assume what you dont know. What so i didnt know that niklas sundin wrote the lyrics on those albums.. Big fucking deal at least i dont masturbate over who wrote the lyrics on what (sinfully childish and imature i know but its a must). and whats with the racism now and yes im drunk 24/7 because im english... nice one at least i won't be serving kebabs in a sweaty chippy like you will probablly be doing for a living. Im sorry it had to come to this but you started it.
ownage :)

doesnt jesper write lyrics aswell?