I think my house is haunted.

Fucking bastard! Did the cops get him? Shit like that happens in Wilkes-Barre all the time partly because because we have tons of heroin junkies who need a fix. I can't walk anywhere without my can of mace and I keep an aluminum bat in the back seat of my car.

I seriously doubt they'll ever catch the guy. The only description that I could give them was: black male-medium build-dark clothing-wearing a hood-talked like a two bit gangsta rapper. In Reading that's like looking for a very small needle in a very large haystack.

Anyway, he didn't get much, just a few loose $1's that I keep in my pocket so I don't have to take my wallet out when I buy my first beer at the pub. He came out of the shadows when I was walking to my car. I don't know what the fuck he was on to think that I was going to be an easy target, as I'm fucking huge. Anyway, he told me to give him my money or "get shot". I told him to go fuck himself, since, unless I see a gun and can recognize it as being a "real" gun, than I don't feel any threat. He then followed me over to my car door and blocked me off telling me again to give him my money. I gave him like $3 dollars (hoping that he would just fuck off already since I wanted to get to the bar), but he wanted me to empty my pockets. After I told him that he's gonna have to shoot me if he wants my money he got panicked and tried reaching into my pocket, at which time I shoved him into my car and told him that I was going to tear his fucking throat out. Then he pulled some chunk of metal or a knife or something out of his pocket and said "I outta stick ya!" and then ran away like the poncy little crackhead that he is.

I really REALLY wanted to beat the shit out of him as soon as he said "Gimme some money or....) but I know how these little bastards work and I'd probably end up on trial for a "hatecrime" or something, as I basically look like a skinhead. I'm not exactly sure how delf-defence works as a defence in court. Like, I'd get off in real court unless I used "excessive force", but I'm not sure what would happen in civil court after hearing all the stories about criminals always suing their victims when they get hurt robbing them or whatever.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me and it probably won't be the last. If it does happen again though, I'm making a move as soon as they open their mouth. It's better to attack before they have time to make a move of their own. I'm also getting a gun permit and a small revolver that I can keep in my pocket. I fucking hate this town.

I just wrote this for a poetry forum to answer the question if you believe in ghosts.

I used to clean houses back in Baltimore and this is about a ghost at one of my customer's houses. : D

Ghost At A Customer's House

why must you follow me around this house?
can you not behave like all the others, just chill out!
you scare the poor cat half to death,
she won't come out of the den, or take a breath,
I need to get this cleaning done,
I've got two more houses to clean today, fun!
So stop chasing me up the stairs
take a break and go get some air.

Oh how I hate when you sing,
or play the radio from where I can't exactly hear or see,
echoing around the house, you're annoying,
you can't carry a tune for shit, just hair raising.
You think this is funny the way you mope and wander about?
the cat is so hungry and she's afraid to come out!

And what's your obssession with the ping pong balls?
I'm sick of listening to that poingpoingpoing in the wall,
or is it in the floor?
or in the ceiling below the floor?
I can't quite place it from upstairs from downstairs
from the next room,
where is it?
god, god, just stop it!

please stop staring at me
you're not that pretty
and we're both girls,
so figure that out, honey.

I liked our Pen Lucy house friend on the stairs
the ones in Ellicot City are rowdy but fair
the one in Hampden had Effie our cat scared
the one in Remington was a demon quite rare
some store basement friends have their owners unaware
Bryan and I look at each other shaking our heads and say, "oh well, who cares?"
Well, so many more, but I'll warn you to be fair
stay away from the necromancers store lairs.

But back to you, my doomer of despair
now please, just sit down over there
let me just vacuum here without a care.

Lord Ilpalazzo said:
I seriously doubt they'll ever catch the guy. The only description that I could give them was: black male-medium build-dark clothing-wearing a hood-talked like a two bit gangsta rapper. In Reading that's like looking for a very small needle in a very large haystack.

Anyway, he didn't get much, just a few loose $1's that I keep in my pocket so I don't have to take my wallet out when I buy my first beer at the pub. He came out of the shadows when I was walking to my car. I don't know what the fuck he was on to think that I was going to be an easy target, as I'm fucking huge. Anyway, he told me to give him my money or "get shot". I told him to go fuck himself, since, unless I see a gun and can recognize it as being a "real" gun, than I don't feel any threat. He then followed me over to my car door and blocked me off telling me again to give him my money. I gave him like $3 dollars (hoping that he would just fuck off already since I wanted to get to the bar), but he wanted me to empty my pockets. After I told him that he's gonna have to shoot me if he wants my money he got panicked and tried reaching into my pocket, at which time I shoved him into my car and told him that I was going to tear his fucking throat out. Then he pulled some chunk of metal or a knife or something out of his pocket and said "I outta stick ya!" and then ran away like the poncy little crackhead that he is.

I really REALLY wanted to beat the shit out of him as soon as he said "Gimme some money or....) but I know how these little bastards work and I'd probably end up on trial for a "hatecrime" or something, as I basically look like a skinhead. I'm not exactly sure how delf-defence works as a defence in court. Like, I'd get off in real court unless I used "excessive force", but I'm not sure what would happen in civil court after hearing all the stories about criminals always suing their victims when they get hurt robbing them or whatever.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me and it probably won't be the last. If it does happen again though, I'm making a move as soon as they open their mouth. It's better to attack before they have time to make a move of their own. I'm also getting a gun permit and a small revolver that I can keep in my pocket. I fucking hate this town.
wow, well, reminds me somehow of Bowling for Columbine showing the death rate in the USA. It seems to be very easy to get a gun over there, doesn't it? Though it's understandable when things like you experienced happen all the time, that people buy themselves guns to at least TRY to protect them from thieves by frightening them with a gun. Though most of the time i reckon it's not only to frighten the attacker. It's a quite tricky situation, but i still don't get why there is so much crime over there, anyone?

@nomina-nuniyan:cute poem :)

@Lord I.: Even though I used to be against guns, I thought about getting a concealed weapons permit, even if it's just for a knife or something. I feel like an easy target, being a small female and all that. One crime that scares the shit out of me happened about two years ago. In a nearby town, two junkies broke into this house and killed this teenage boy. I guess they knew there was money in the house, but they didn't think anyone was home. I also hear gunshots on my street sometimes.

@Morpheus: I think the U.S.A. is just a fucked up country. I'm not really sure why we have the crime rate we do. Canadians own as many guns as Americans, but their crime rate is so much lower.

@Dhatura: :lol:

Here's an intersting read on crime. (note that it's an Australian webpage):
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~mickay/enemy.htm

Anyway, gun contol is stupid and Michael Moore needs to go on a fucking diet.

When a new gun law is passed, who actually obeys the law? Law abiding citizens. A criminal isn't going to suddenly fear the law and turn their gun in. So if they were to take away all rights to own firearms, how could a person defend themselves against an aggressor who is probably pointing a gun at them?
Throw things and make threats? Call the police who are miles away? Run like a little bitch? That's all you could do.

And I don't know how people in other countries view how "simple" it is to get a gun, but it's not like you walk down to the local Wal-Mart and can buy a concealable weapon (though you can buy a shotgun or hunting rifle, as those are kinda hard to hide when you are attempting to sneak up in someone). You have to pass a background check prohibiting guns from being sold to anyone who has a felony conviction, a dishonorable discharge from the military, a court adjudication of mental illness, a domestic-violence restraining order or misdemeanor conviction.

Would someone who wants a gun so they can rob people or protect themselves while selling crack go through all of that, plus the waiting period that a lot of states have, just to end up being easily traced due to ballistics tests? Of course not. They're going to obtain it illegally, since, as I said, they are criminals. Gun control would never in a million years take the gun out of the hands of every one of these assholes.

Also, anyone dumb enough to pull a gun on someone just to "scare" them deserves whatever happens to them. If you point a gun at someone it should only be to kill them. It's said a lot, but no one ever seems to listen.

Personally, I grew up around guns, as my dad was a collector, and he used to take me to shooting ranges when I was young. I've fired dozens of differant firearms and shot tens of thousands of rounds, so I don't think I need to worry much about myself not being able to handle a gun.

Guns are fucking awesome!

And as for my arse being haunted, you might be right. I once made poo, and when I went to flush the toilet there was no poo in there.

Ghost shit?

MoonsOfJupiter @Lord I.: Even though I used to be against guns said:
That's the sort of thing that makes me ill. It's a lot worse here. It's to the point where back and forth shootings and preschools with bulletholes embedded in the walls are becoming a nightly occurance. And it's not even that big of a town. A few other recent examples:

The three people in the hospital, one of which died, after 2 rival gangs confronted each other at a diner at 4 in the morning. Opening fire in a diner with 200 people in it is just not cool.

The guy who was shot dead for drunkenly mistaking the closet for a toilet at a party. This happened in the same apartment complex where I was robbed at gunpoint last October.

The Chinese delivery man who took an order to what ended up being an abandoned building, only to get beat in the head with a baseball bat repeatedly, robbed of $200 and left for dead. The victim, now blind in one eye. The asshole who did this, a 16 year old Catholic school boy.

I wish I could afford to move further away. I'd love to move to Hershey or Elysburg.

MoonsOfJupiter said:
@nomina-nuniyan:cute poem :)

@Lord I.: Even though I used to be against guns, I thought about getting a concealed weapons permit, even if it's just for a knife or something. I feel like an easy target, being a small female and all that. One crime that scares the shit out of me happened about two years ago. In a nearby town, two junkies broke into this house and killed this teenage boy. I guess they knew there was money in the house, but they didn't think anyone was home. I also hear gunshots on my street sometimes.

I surely wouldn't get a gun over someone near there getting killed. If you live in the city people are getting shot all the time. Like LORD and you, I'm from the east coast, inner city Baltimore and I've been arm robbed quite a few times. Lived on drug blocks. seen people shot, watched people die on the street.
this is more when you need to think about getting a gun, though I couldn't say it would have helped me at any time. We'd had our house broken into a couple of times in this one neighborhood and one of the times, my boyfriend Randy caught the guy downstairs, and Randy chased the dude out. we didn't have a gun then , but anything could have happened then. But you know each time I was robbed, if I'd had a weapon on me, I'd be dead just for having it on me. Really , on the street are you gonna pull your weapon on someone whos got a gun eight inches from your forehead? If you're street smart and you get nailed, there's probably nothing you could've done to see it coming and prevent it.
So but ,yeah, if you have one you better be ready to use it.

It would behoove you to become more street smart than getting a weapon, this will solve half your problems and fears, avoid many situations by just reading people, knowing the when and where of people, who in other places would be fine. There's a look and a vibe and if you know and it's coming at you, you'll see it coming. For me it's just years of honed instint that's as natural to me a breathing, I don't even get anxious over it anymore. The house thing might be worth thinking about if you really did have a lot of break-ins where you live. Especially if there's a high rate of shootings involved.

I used to be for gun control but the older I get, I don't know why. Too many people have weapons, I don't see what the point is really to try to control something that can't be. there have been times when we've been on the road where I really wished we'd had one. isolation on the road is a real safety problem. Probably won't go out on the road again without a weapon.

I've handled and shot guns before at a range. One of the people Randy and I moved around with owned a hand gun so we had a period of time where we had one in the house and Randy carried it sometimes. But it's a mental weight having it around. Lord would disagree but then I didn't grow up with them either so....that's a big difference. Something to think about.

[edit]

Phoenix has just a small fraction of the crime Baltimore had with six times the population but there are senseless murders here, crazy stuff, not like back home where there was a reason for every crime, you know, gain, need , revenge, but here, people DO do lots of house break-ins and killings with no clear intent, often not even clear robberies. That's a little weird for us because being wise to it here is harder when people are just fucking nuts. Like at home it was an economy of crime, it made sense. Here, people are fucking crazy and do these things for unknown reasons. Also, lots of domestic murder here, women, wives, girlfriends, kids. Not too much of that back home.

Dhatura said:
But guns are ineffective against ghosts :/

That is simply because they have no respect, so people THINK they can't have an effect on them. Ghost are into the mind game thing but not good in real life face to face situatuations, they get lost. Truely. God damn, do they get lost. See with ghosts, you just have to know the when, where, and how, things their clueless about, because of they're lack of tangable world experience. They have no instinct here. It's not that hard to be 'effective' against a ghost, it just hard is for them to protect themselves when they don't know what's really going on.

It's fun just watching them try every mind game in the book to try to do everything from evading you to getting in your face to..... : ). just about anything. Watch 'em twist and turn and go through all KINDS of antics. Hilarious.
My little poem about it. the orig. vers.

Fucker

days like this
I sit back
my forefingers
pressed against
my grinning mouth
I can't stop
to breathe
I'm laughing so hard
pure revenge and amusement
satiation to the core

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

having a difficult time
dear, comprehending?
come close and I'll
give you a ride
can't fade
can't kill it
can't hurt me
can't touch me
can't stop me
can't see me
can't feel me coming
can't...
I will take it from you
and you can't stop me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fucking hell, face it! Ghosts are really naive!

ghost arent allow to initiate conversation to human. only people can try talking to the ghost first.

nomana-nuniyan said:
I surely wouldn't get a gun over someone near there getting killed. If you live in the city people are getting shot all the time. Like LORD and you, I'm from the east coast, inner city Baltimore and I've been arm robbed quite a few times. Lived on drug blocks. seen people shot, watched people die on the street.
this is more when you need to think about getting a gun, though I couldn't say it would have helped me at any time...

I see what you mean. More stuff has happened around here than I mentioned in this thread, (hence the reason for me wanting to carry a weapon), but on the other hand, I haven't ever been robbed or seen anyone die. This area is slowly starting to get that way, though.

Lord Ilpalazzo said:
MoonsOfJupiter @Lord I.: Even though I used to be against guns said:
That's the sort of thing that makes me ill. It's a lot worse here. It's to the point where back and forth shootings and preschools with bulletholes embedded in the walls are becoming a nightly occurance. And it's not even that big of a town. A few other recent examples:

The three people in the hospital, one of which died, after 2 rival gangs confronted each other at a diner at 4 in the morning. Opening fire in a diner with 200 people in it is just not cool.

The guy who was shot dead for drunkenly mistaking the closet for a toilet at a party. This happened in the same apartment complex where I was robbed at gunpoint last October.

The Chinese delivery man who took an order to what ended up being an abandoned building, only to get beat in the head with a baseball bat repeatedly, robbed of $200 and left for dead. The victim, now blind in one eye. The asshole who did this, a 16 year old Catholic school boy.

I wish I could afford to move further away. I'd love to move to Hershey or Elysburg.

Hearing shit like that makes me hate the human race even more.

Hey, if you move to Elysburg, you could go to Knobel's all the time... *singing* "fun, food, and fantasy..."
:loco: :p

*A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

So basically the 'militia' or military force of a country can bear arms. So not just every Tom, Dick and Harry for feels boss with a gun :erk:

Angel_Car_Crash-sm.jpg