I think this is wrong and sad.

spawn said:
I have gotten the same lecture, but as soon as they start, I instantly put them onto my offical "stupid bastard" list, where they shall stay and rot for eternity. Nile is VERY badly produced noise. Spiffy heard my ranting about them and bought one of their cds (I have no doubt it was so he could argue how good they are and that I was mad) but even he didnt like it :D

I played it for my brother one night and he was nearly rolling around the floor laughing about it, it was pretty funny :)

DUDE YOUR NOT METAL NILE FUCKING RULE!!!11!! AND THIS IS WHY!!`!~!~!*&*(&*(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tickled::loco: :)

But do we know this whole thing with Soilwork and In Flames playing along to CDs is actually true? Or are we just going by what this bloke is saying in the review?

True. It could be they sample a lot of the harmonies and melodic parts so they sound better live, and he's just got the wrong impression. Having not seen them live, I don't know what they're like, but I hope they're not as boring as The Haunted was.

seems odd to me that anyone would play along to a CD live. For one thing, it's just too bloody hard for a drummer to play in perfect time to the drums on the CD... there'd be all sorts of monitoring issues too.

I would guess that what is probably going on is that they're playing along to a sequence (probably on mini disc) that would have the backing vocals, keyboard parts or anything else that could not easilly done live.

I don't think there's much wrong with the idea in principal, BUT you wouldn't want to over do it. It should still be a LIVE performance with a little bit of sequencing, not the other way around.

Heh. Well apart from the singer, the rest of the guys didn't really do much in the way of making it an exciting show to watch. And the sound was bad, though apparently they prefer a muddy sound (!). Anyway, they were ok. Not the best band I've seen live though.

Hmm that's shite indeed!

I've only heard bootlegs of in flames live.. And the Tokyo showdown CD. Only thing I can say is the vocals suck on all the ones i've heard.... Maybe he's just tired, or maybe he can't scream for shit live.....