I told you so

Hitori

the world is quiet here
Jan 10, 2003
Darnassus
Yup. I watched The Fellowship of the Rings, and i liked it. I didnt preach about Tom Bombadil's disappearance, which I understood. I cringed when I saw the Arwen scenes. But overall, it was excellent, and I really really enjoyed the movie.
Then came the Two Towers. I left the theater in a rage. Ok I even wrote a very long rant here describing everything wrong with it, but well, to avoid looking like the obsessive geek I am, lets just leave it at, they changed the whole story for no reason whatsoever. They should have made a note saying, BASED very loosely on the Lord of the Rings, because that sure is NOT Tolkien's work. Of course everyone just said "oh shut up legolas is so cute" or "but man did you see the sword fights? how cool is that!" and told me off for not appreciating the genius of Peter Jackson.

BUT NOW he will completely cut off Saruman from the third movie!!!! WHAT. THE. HELL. IS. WRONG. WITH. HIM. i mean, surely even people who didnt read the books will want to know what happend to him?

or is it just me?

The scouring of the shire will not be available at all (not even in extended). I'm hoping that they include the voice of Saruman part, at the very least, in the extended version.

My friend told me about this. I didn't expect it to be that good to begin with. I am a bit unsettled that the palantir is cut out of the movie. I've also heard that a new monster will be created for Aragorn to fight that has nothing to do with the books at all. Peter Jackson... fuck you.

Charubic Murder said:
The scouring of the shire will not be available at all (not even in extended). I'm hoping that they include the voice of Saruman part, at the very least, in the extended version.
The voice of Saruman part was in book two though......cos I was spewing when they left it out of the second film.

they probably cut saruman scene's so that there would be time for a 20 min cheesy wedding between aragorn and arwen :puke:

Peter Jackson should just say that it's his lord of the rings based on tolkien's lord of the rings and avoid all the trouble,cause even tho the fight scenes have been just like I imagined them,he left off the end of Helm's deep with the tress,which was fucking amazing,and made theoden a wimp.

I have no high hopes for the return of the king but I will see it anyway

ok i take it back. the movie was excellent :D
i loved it. i shall write an apology to peter jackson.