I try, Lee Jackson sp-1000 power amp!

Lee Jackson Sp-1000 I have one i just picked it up on a trade works great with my 1975 Marshall Big M cab ! I was just wondering how much the solid state version is worth and how much the tube one is work fair market value of course.

Lee Jackson Sp-1000 I have one i just picked it up on a trade works great with my 1975 Marshall Big M cab ! I was just wondering how much the solid state version is worth and how much the tube one is work fair market value of course.

as far as im aware.. there isnt a tube version. Only the SS. I actually use my SP1000 more than my GP1000 which is a fun sounding preamp and a nice little collector to own, but isnt the most versatile preamp in the world. If you want clean or a lead boost, that aint happening!

If you know of a tube version of the amp then fair play!

povero idiota....la gente prende per il culo l' italia a causa della gente come te....tutte le volte che scrivi qualcosa vieni insultato!

As far as I know there is no SP-1000 with tubes (unless it has been modified from the original power-amp). At least the version Lee Jackson made was pure solid-state only. Correct me if I'm wrong?!?

http://www.leejackson.com/SP1000.htm

SP-1000 200 Watt Stereo Power Amp As the perfect complement to the GP-1000 and the BP-1000 Preamps The SP-1000 Stereo amp packs 100 blistering watts per channel of raw power into a single rack space. Using innovative new solid state design , the SP-1000 delivers tone that will make any tube amp cry for mercy.

Single Rack Space
100 Watts RMS a side
Front Panel Masters
Daul Sine Wave LED`S
Tube Emulating Circuitry
Operates on 4-8-16 ohms load
Standard 1/4" Jacks Input/Output

^ dude what's the point of putting up link of a preamp you bought ? That Preamp is shit and can't do metal without serious modding. Play some Cannibal Corpse with it jackass. Oh yeah No one is jelly because, you got old beated up piece of a crap. And yeah take some english lessons. Aaaannnnd THIS IS NOT EBAY !

thats not true, with good active pickups and a overdrive pedal it sure can

Aa vintage marshall from 1950s could also play modern metal with the right pedals in front of it. But the gp-1000 sounds better modded than stock with overdrive/distortion/EQ. And the modding is pretty easy, bet everybody could do it if they had the right instructions how to. Pretty much just untighten the motherboard of the gp-1000 and changeing the caps and resistors on the third gainstage with soldering. :p still hoping for a instruction dvd from lee jacskson himself!

Aa vintage marshall from 1950s could also play modern metal with the right pedals in front of it. But the gp-1000 sounds better modded than stock with overdrive/distortion/EQ. And the modding is pretty easy, bet everybody could do it if they had the right instructions how to. Pretty much just untighten the motherboard of the gp-1000 and changeing the caps and resistors on the third gainstage with soldering. :p still hoping for a instruction dvd from lee jacskson himself!

wow how do you know that?? is it possible for someone (like me) to do that at home? or does anyone that understands a bit of amps and vintage stuff know how to do it?

By the way there is a guy from Youtube who got his GP modded by the same guy in Helsinski for Alexi. Maybe we could ask him some things about that...

By the way there is a guy from Youtube who got his GP modded by the same guy in Helsinski for Alexi. Maybe we could ask him some things about that...

for sure, if i could know this guy i wouldnt mind to send my lee jackson to helsinki for him to mod it

What video on Youtube???

And by the ways this is taken directly from the metaltronix.net website under the MOD TIPs category:

PERFECT CONNECTION GP-1000 PRE-AMP MODIFICATION: Change the cathode circuit on the first gain stage from 1.5k ohm/22uF to 825 ohm/.68uF. This mod gives a little extra gain and reduces the scratchy character of the distortion timbre.

There you go! Was wrong about the gainstage number but its theoretically quite a simple process. Just need to get hold of some less valued caps.
Asking a tech how to do it should be fairly simple as well. But would not mind the schematics for the unit first.

What video on Youtube???

And by the ways this is taken directly from the metaltronix.net website under the MOD TIPs category:

PERFECT CONNECTION GP-1000 PRE-AMP MODIFICATION: Change the cathode circuit on the first gain stage from 1.5k ohm/22uF to 825 ohm/.68uF. This mod gives a little extra gain and reduces the scratchy character of the distortion timbre.

There you go! Was wrong about the gainstage number but its theoretically quite a simple process. Just need to get hold of some less valued caps.
Asking a tech how to do it should be fairly simple as well. But would not mind the schematics for the unit first.

maximehatecrew is talking about this video (i know because he commented there :lol:)

Last edited by a moderator:
maximehatecrew is talking about this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4SQzlYcgE8 (i know because he commented there :lol:)

Hah, he said he modded it two months ago, and commented about it two months ago, and the video is from last year. :p The video is just the original 88 version through a new TC G-Major 2 and into a VHT 2:90:2 (so basically the same setup as alexi had a few months ago).

But yeah a new video with the mod would be helpful to determinate how much the mod affect the overall sound.

Edit: Could get the same sound with my setup: (but the guy have some serious skills):
GP-1000 87 transition model
Rocktron Intellifex Online (2000 Blue edition)
Rocktron HUSH Super C
VHT 2:50:2 loaded with KT-77 on 62 Watt mode on both channels
Marshall 1936 CaB (watch out, like all 2x12 it does have major low frequencies)