I understand the mesa flabby low-end deal.

Sep 16, 2004
www.whereshewept.com
I understand the flabby mesa deal i've heard about on the board. I didn't undertand till i picked up a V30 yesterday. I was never happy with my tone till i replaced my G12t-75s with Jensens, since then I love my tone, Clean and distorted. I had a 2x12 loaded with V30's for a couple of days and took it back, but it's the god of speakers so i picked one up and made a recording cab to use it in. but when i did a demo with it i heard that flabby low end and thought "this is what people were talking about". But i never had that problem with my Jensens, so i couldn't understand it before.

So do people get that flabby low end with other amps+V30's? Andy:headbang: and James have spouted the wisdom of a tube screamer to tighten the low end. and i think Andy:headbang: gets god-like tone from amps, so who am i to disagree?

I'm going to do some more recording but, the only other thing i have is my old Crate 2200H (with 200 watts!):lol: (more like 80)

:headbang:

Where She Wept said:
i think Andy:headbang: gets god-like tone from amps, so who am i to disagree?

what works for one person (in this case andy) isn't garunteed to work for another

personally i think rectos sound great when recorded, but unless you have a good pa, good sounding room, and good soundguy (which is rare for a metal gig) they can mud up a live mix real quick