I used to say I hate all Godsmack I heard, but

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
Land of Confusion is a pretty rocking song. The clip is very Iron Maiden-ish too.

Now I expect approximatly 5 replies to this thread, 3 of which will state how Godsmack sucks no matter how many good songs they can do.

edit: lol, it was actually Disturbed doing that song, not Godsmack..... that tells you how I really care about these bands. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st3d8bhWzis

If faced with this poll
Disturbed > Godsmack

Shannon Larkin ( the drummer for Godsmack) use to play In Ugly Kid Joe. THats the only good thing about that band. Disturbed actually released some catchy shit. Nothing to buy but for Nu metal they are one fo the better bands. Godsmacks lead guitar player has done four albums where every solo but one used a wah effect and squeals and nothing else. Lead Singer of Disturbed has a unusual voice where as Sully has basically ripped of Alice n Chains and wrote the same riff over and over and over.
It seemed odd to me that Distrubed and Inflames both covered Land Of Confusion in a span of three years.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
If faced with this poll
Disturbed > Godsmack

Shannon Larkin ( the drummer for Godsmack) use to play In Ugly Kid Joe. THats the only good thing about that band. Disturbed actually released some catchy shit. Nothing to buy but for Nu metal they are one fo the better bands. Godsmacks lead guitar player has done four albums where every solo but one used a wah effect and squeals and nothing else. Lead Singer of Disturbed has a unusual voice where as Sully has basically ripped of Alice n Chains and wrote the same riff over and over and over.
It seemed odd to me that Distrubed and Inflames both covered Land Of Confusion in a span of three years.
wait wait, so Land of Confusion is not a creation of Disturbed? :lol: Okay nvm, they suck.

Demonspell said:
Damn, as if I needed another reason to hate Myspace. I haven't heard their version as I consider Godsmack and Disturbed to be equally worthless, but isn't the video supposed to be an update on the original?

Ever see the Pearl Jam video for Do the Evolution, done by Todd McFarlane, the Spawn creator?

Disturbed's Land of Confusion is a re-edit of the same footage.

Otherwise, yes, it is more or less the same storyboard as Genesis's LofC video with the Spitting Image puppets.

AsModEe said:
wait wait, so Land of Confusion is not a creation of Disturbed? :lol: Okay nvm, they suck.

Haha yeah Phil Collins did it in the 80's with this wierd ass claymation puppet video that was freaky as hell. Inflames kept the original melody in the bridge instead of the way Disturbed retooled it.