I wanna transcend godamnit...

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
I'm looking for some recc's of some good psychedelic, possibly doomy music or just about anything that makes your mind totally transcend space/time. I know JK started the atmosphere/escapism thread and this is kind of like that.

Albums of interest:

YOB - Catharsis
Neurosis - Sun That Never Sets
Drudkh - both albums
Today is The Day - Sadness Will Prevail
Ufomammut - Snailking
Orodruin - Epicurean Mass
Isis - Oceanic
Eternal Elysium - Spiritualized D
Radiohead - Kid A
Tool - Last 3, especially aenima
Hate Forest - Battlefields
Negura Bunget - Sala Molksa & N' Crugu Bradului

etc...you get the point.

Future Sound of London - Lifeforms

Actually anything by these dudes would work (except The Isness :yuk: ), Lifeforms is just my favorite. 90 minutes of simply incredible ambient that reaches well beyond the realm of electronic music. You want a copy?

PM me your address, ya heeb.

I'm sure Russell will join this thread now that I mentioned FSOL. ;)

Scald's Headworm is Awesome! I just finally got a hold of it last week and it realy took me by surprise. After it grows on you it really takes hold.

I also have Kayo Dot and for some reason it will not grab me. I've tried a few times. Maybe I'll try again.

Kayo Dot took FOREVER for me to enjoy it. I probably listened to it 20 times before really grasping it. It started off a 6/10 album with me being disappointed they didn't continue where Bath/LYBM left off, but now it's in my Top 3 for this decade. 10/10 FUCKING SKULLZ!!!!!1111

maybe try Fleurety's Min Tid Skal Komme. It's a weird little diddy of a black metal album.

Old Man Gloom is :zombie:

NAD said:
Kayo Dot took FOREVER for me to enjoy it. I probably listened to it 20 times before really grasping it. It started off a 6/10 album with me being disappointed they didn't continue where Bath/LYBM left off, but now it's in my Top 3 for this decade. 10/10 FUCKING SKULLZ!!!!!1111
LYBM is a gem. I think that is why I don't rather enjoy it as well. :confused:

I assume you know about later ULVER stuff.

The best album to get high and float away to is YES's "Tales From Topographic Oceans". Although, it's definitely one of those albums you have to be persistent with in order to "get" it. Anyway, when I've smoked weed lately, this music has been absolutely transcendent in every way. Just sit back in a chair, close your eyes, and let the memories/images wash over you. Amazing.