I wanna transcend godamnit...

I agree with both BSW and NAD concerning Floyd...Abimals is their best, and the trippy experimental period definitely suits the purpose of this thread...stuff like side one of Atom Heart Mother and Saucerful Of Secrets make DSOTM look like a glossy pop album, which on one level it is. :)

Schoenberg is good, I'm listening to him right now.

Did you ever listen to Henryk Górecki "Symphony No. 3"? I think you said you have, but if not LISTEN TO IT GOD DAMN IT:yell:

:wave:

I still need quite a handful of Floyd, probably Atom Heart Mother will be next. I seem to buy about 1 Floyd a year just slowly adding to the collection, they're one of those bands that takes a long time to absorb each work so I don't rush out and buy 20 CDs at a time like with King Crimson. :tickled:

Strangely I dont have Animals, i guess i should listen to it. Thanks everyone for the recommendation.

I am going to find this Gorecki fellow's third symphony. If you like Schoenberg, do you also enjoy Ligeti, and Xenakis? Stravinsky?

speed said:
I am going to find this Gorecki fellow's third symphony. If you like Schoenberg, do you also enjoy Ligeti, and Xenakis? Stravinsky?
I haven't heard enough of Stravinsky to form an opinion yet, all that I've heard is sections from "The Rite of Spring" that were used in Fantasia. And my friend showed me another part of TROS, that was very good.

As for Ligeti and Xenakis, I haven't heard them. I'll look on amazon for samples right now.

NAD said:
I still need quite a handful of Floyd, probably Atom Heart Mother will be next. I seem to buy about 1 Floyd a year just slowly adding to the collection, they're one of those bands that takes a long time to absorb each work so I don't rush out and buy 20 CDs at a time like with King Crimson. :tickled:
Atom Heart Mother is EEIIIWWWRRDS. Do you have any of their earlier stuff? Its quite different from DSOTM and later records. The cool thing about AHM is the weird recipes inside. I wont ruin the suprise.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Atom Heart Mother is EEIIIWWWRRDS. Do you have any of their earlier stuff? Its quite different from DSOTM and later records. The cool thing about AHM is the weird recipes inside. I wont ruin the suprise.
Just Piper at the Gates of Dawn and it is certainly IWEIWWIWIDSSSSSS (I still laugh that this has caught on with so many people :tickled: ). Recipes eh? I think I want it more just for that now.