I want my music back

RZ

New Metal Member
Jul 31, 2002
Missouri
It seems that everytime a music video show, a music video station, a radio station , ( or night club), specializes in metal music it always get shut down. It pisses my off. Everytime I turn on the music stations or radio stations during my travels rap is so damn easy to get but not metal! One day if Stoner Sioux and I get our own radio station, There will be lots of Metal (old and new ) and rock songs you don't here anymore. If one more organization tries to close a metal station down I will put a shoe print on their butts. There I said it.

Sad thing is I hear a ton of rumors of old metal shows coming back, but with a 'modern' touch...which means Headbangers Ball will be nothing except Limp Biskit, Korn, Linkin Park, Slipknot, & Nickleback. KISW, the rock station is Washington state is doing a one night only return of their version of Metal Shop, but I fear it just wont be the same and to be honest I'm a little afraid to listen. :( If I can find my way through the legal garbage I plan to start an online radio station that plays nothing but Overkill, Slayer, Testament, Anthrax, Forced Entry, Hirax, Brick Bath, Metal Church, Megadeth, Death Angel, Dark Angel, and the like. No Mall crap to speak of. Tons of hard work to do to get it going, but those are my plans. In a few years you will be able to get internet radio in your car anyways.

Melodic death and power metal gets heaps of exposure. There are heaps of radio shows for that stuff, but none for '80s metal really...

I agree with Stormbringer too.... most power metal sucks now (with some exceptions of course) and I don't like melodic death metal either. It's all too overproduced.

well....when people from forums like this bog down the radio station phone lines and start screaming like the little teenie boppers on MTV's TRL maybe someone will take notice....unfortunatly money talks and the kids today are buying rap and rap/rock....another problem is the larger rock radio stations in major citys like LA and NY are being bought out by companys like disney as in walt and everyone knows that disney put the breaks on metal that was being played on the stations they purchased...So metal is either going to stay what some consider subculture or underground music or someone with some taste in music that has some cash will end up buying a major radio station then maybe we can change main stream music.

Power metal sucks? What? When did this happen? Nobody told me. I'm going to have to throw away all my Blind Guardian CD's. And while I'm at it, I might as well burn all my Helloween and Maiden CD's too.

Melodic death sucks? What? When did this happen? Nobody told me....blah blah.

Oh the joy of intelligent forum discussions never ceases to amaze me. :D

Originally posted by markgugs
Can I have a cookie then?

here have a scooby snack! ;)

@jay: wasnt it obvious that my post was polemic? i got e.g. all blind guardian and all manowar albums except the last one of both bands. helloween and maiden are some of my fave bands (wouldnt call them power metal though). but true metal became power metal and power metal is just any poser guys (mostly italians) with keyboards. and permanent keyboardes in heavy metal have to be shot. that's my opinion

melodic death was always utter crap though imo.

manowar are cheesy but very funny.

and helloween are the roots of tons of european bands. i like them a lot and yes i'm seriously into glam rock and hair metal :p

Originally posted by Stormbringer
manowar are cheesy but very funny.

and helloween are the roots of tons of european bands. i like them a lot and yes i'm seriously into glam rock and hair metal :p

Not sure what you mean by "roots of tons" for European bands, but that is definately not Helloween, although most German newer bands sound like them. If you want to call something the roots of European metal start with early Scorpions (Lovedrive, Blackout).

By the way, what the hell is hair metal ?
Cheers

hair metal = bands with which have a large share in the destruction of the ozone layer due to overuse of hairspray back in the 80s.

Originally posted by Stormbringer
hair metal = bands with which have a large share in the destruction of the ozone layer due to overuse of hairspray back in the 80s.

Haha, got it ! But the Music was partly great ... Hanoi Rocks for example.
Cheers