I want new Testament RIGHT FUCKING NOW

GhosT^x0

Eat me.
Jul 17, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
And that's final..... I've been listening to The Gathering for like 5 fuckin years now, and although it's one of the best albums of our time, I can only listen to 11 tracks on repeat for so long.

Yes, I know that Mr. Billy had the cancer. Yes, I know that they have a new drummer, and probably need time to adjust to him... but as a devout metalhead, FUCK THAT SHIT, it's time for the boys to get back in the pit and get pissed. I need new Testament, fuckin period. AAAGGGGGHHHHHH.

I think the hold up is due to Eric's side project, the Dragonlord rehearsals, & shows, plus traveling. He's into Dragonlord, right now, & unfortunately not 100% into the new TESTAMENT. So with that said, it's not Chuck or the rest of the guys, they all want to get serious with it. I've heard a couple of rough songs, that have alot of promise, & I dig the direction. But while Chuck's been, sick & now recovering, I think the music could have already been mostly done, it has been along time. But DRAGONLORD has been his priority, & that put a halt to the new TESTAMENT, or at the least way delayed. This is my observation, nothing official, but sometimes someone else not directly involved, can sit back & see
clearly, why things are not moving along. Of course it will be killer,
but we are all waiting..............................................................

I HATE sideprojects, because when you divide yourself and your time, theres no way to put 100% into any one thing and to me that means anything you do will be lacking your total potential and thats not good for anything or anyone. Just my 2 cents.

Some musicians do have the talent to separate themselves and spread themselves thin...on the other hand, it's not fair to the rest of the band either. It does take 100% devotion to one band or the other. I know a friend of mine's band that fired their bassist, hired another that was in another band. It took a while for everything to come together and when it did, the band prospered! I'm not going to judge here, but I tend to agee with Hunger!

The sad thing about him devoting his time elsewhere is that DragonLord absolutely SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

I WANT TESTAMENT DAMNIT! FUCK DRAGONLORD!

I hate to say it but damn... that DL cd was the worst cd I bought last year... (atleast the packaging rules I guess)

-JAH

I hate to say it but damn... that DL cd was the worst cd I bought last year...
so all you bought last year was the DL disc and what, the newest witchery and opeth albums? If that's the case, then yes, you made a correct statement.

The DragonLord disc was awesome. Some of the better black metal out there. the key boards could have been better, but that was the only weak part. Eric's vocals ruled!!! Hopefully he does some signing on the new Testament disc :headbang:

what do expect, TL? :p

As for Dragonlord. Yeah, the keyboards pretty much ruined it for me and if thats black metal no wonder I didn't like it. I do think Eric did well on vocals though so I will give them that. :}

Chuck's side project SUICIDE SHIFT, is different than DRAGONLORD. Chuck put this together because music is what keeps him going, his creativity needs an outlet. So when Eric has been busy with DL, & TESTAMENT's been on hold, Chuck got together with his SADUS Buddies, to keep busy & give him what he's always done, sing & write. That the best thearapy for him.
The difference is this: He been waiting on the new TESTAMENT.
material from Eric, for so long, that his side project does not interfere in any way with the new TESTAMENT's progress. It is just
he's doing it for enjoyment, where as Eric takes DL more seriously,& has been trying to market it & tour, & sell albums, & manage it, etc. Chuck has said he has no plans for any tour, & could care less if it sells or not, & this gives him the chance to excerise his voice, & build up his stamina, so that he can step right back into TESTAMENT, his number one priority. If TESTAMENT were ready to record tomarrow, I know he would put his SS down, until he could spare the extra time. Now thats a side project. DL's more of a band trying to make itself successful, witch is just taking alot of extra TESTAMENT time. So Chuck's not dividing his time, just making the most of the unexpected down time. It's like a football player training in the off season, so he's healthy & productive when the season starts. So come on Eric start up the TESTAMENT preseason at least......................................................................................

It sounds like Chuck is doing it the right way. I would think Testament would always be first and foremost for every member.

Come on Eric!!!!!!

I pretty much HATE black metal, but I would have to say that DRAGONLORD is the best Metal album to come out of the Bay Area in a DECADE.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of Testament's great album falls into this kind of category, and Souls of Black and Practice what you Preach... well, let's not even pretend these albums exist.

So do i... SOOO do I....

the gathering is and allways will be one of the gratest albums ever... and i think the best album they have done in a long time, not to mention better then most any thrash bands today or ever could have put out...

Deffinatly makes me want more.... i just hope they explore all the new ground on the gathering, ... one of the few albums im almost positive i wont be dissapointed with... i gotta wonder if they can top the gathering though... i mean every song on the gathering seems like a radio hit...

Souls of Black and Practice what you Preach... well, let's not even pretend these albums exist.
What the fuck is this???? I'll admit that souls of Black was rather disappointing, but it did have some killer tracks, and coming on the heels of one of their best and most successfull selling album to date is a hard thing to top. What the fuck is wrong w/ you saying PWYP sucks. What kind of a fan are you??? That album is legendary and packed full of killer tracks. Every one them shreds. And what the fuck is up w/ the rest of this board not defending this album and ripping this dumbass a new one???? What happened to this board.........

Practice What You Preach still remains the most successful Testament album, in total sales. So I guess that speaks for itself.......................................................................................

Yeah and nsync albums have sold 30 times more than that..... So I guess that speaks for itself, being that because something is successful it obviously means its more better or talented

pffffffffffffffffttttt! :}

JAH