Any word on a new Testament studio album?

Aug 18, 2006
S. Illinois
Hi all, I've just recently gotten back into Testament and I haven't been following their progression since, oh, back in the Demonic days. Anyway, I have just replaced my cassette collection with CDs with the addition of Gathering and First Strike Still Deadly (Demonic is on backorder, ironically). So I was wondering if Testament is considering a new studio album, now that the old original line-up is back together.

On a side note, when did Chuck Billy gain all that weight? Is it due to his cancer treatment from a few years back, or what? Like I said, I haven't really followed the band since '98 or so.

Man, this question keeps coming up all the time. I wish the band would make some kind of official statement here on these boards. Supposedly their writing new material but that's all we've heard. Every member has side projects and there hasn't been a steady drummer in who knows how long. They keep touring off and on but nothing consistent. Check out the Live in London dvd, it totally kills.

Yeah, Chuck's put on some weight, looks like Eric has too. Alex and Greg look pretty trim.

Well, it'd be interesting if they did release something soon. With all the classic thrash bands putting out new stuff lately, and with the resurgence of thrash metal in general, I'm starting to love the rekindling of my favorite genre of music. With all the weak poser stuff that came out in the '90s, I thought we'd never see a resurgence of thrash, and the long-haired musician. Especially after Metallica went to short hair.

I never thought that at the age of 30 something, I'd still be listening to thrash metal. The funny thing, I think I'll be listening to it for quite some time in the future.

Lincoln 6 Echo said:
I never thought that at the age of 30 something, I'd still be listening to thrash metal. The funny thing, I think I'll be listening to it for quite some time in the future.

At 31, I don't see any reason why I should alter my tastes to conform, so to speak. Thrash metal was my first musical love, or at least the bigger bands of the genre were as I never really got deep into the underground stuff. Most of the bigger bands had enough melody and interesting time changes to keep me happy.

progmetalgod said:
At 31, I don't see any reason why I should alter my tastes to conform, so to speak. Thrash metal was my first musical love, or at least the bigger bands of the genre were as I never really got deep into the underground stuff. Most of the bigger bands had enough melody and interesting time changes to keep me happy.

Yep, me too. I didn't start getting into the underground bands until like the mid-'90s, when grunge and light-rock had taken hold of the scene. Bands like Type O Negative, Fear Factory, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, and Obituary.

Oh, I'm 32, soon to be 33, so we're both about in the same boat age wise. I initially got turned on to metal back in HS (1987) when one of my friends (who was a metal head) let me listen to Megadeth's Peace Sells.... I was instantly hooked. I immediately went out and bought Megadeth's three albums (at the time (pre-RIP) and then shortly thereafter came Metallica up through And Justice for All, then Anthrax and later Overkill.

Lincoln 6 Echo said:
Yep, me too. I didn't start getting into the underground bands until like the mid-'90s, when grunge and light-rock had taken hold of the scene. Bands like Type O Negative, Fear Factory, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, and Obituary.

Oh, I'm 32, soon to be 33, so we're both about in the same boat age wise. I initially got turned on to metal back in HS (1987) when one of my friends (who was a metal head) let me listen to Megadeth's Peace Sells.... I was instantly hooked. I immediately went out and bought Megadeth's three albums (at the time (pre-RIP) and then shortly thereafter came Metallica up through And Justice for All, then Anthrax and later Overkill.

i would say about the same thing too...i'm 31 and i.......wait a minute is this the 30 something club...ah..anyway..I started with ozzy and slowly started with the thrash and speed metal thing....even back in the late 80's i was not only getting into bands like ANTHRAX,SLAYER,OVERKILL,DRI,SACRED REICH...ETC. I also started getting into bands that may not even been heard in the u.s...ex...PARADOX a german thrash band that were very obvious influenced by metallica....
but i'm a maiden fan and have been since 83......

since then i've been into metal and will always will be till i'm dead:headbang:

dbluntman said:
i would say about the same thing too...i'm 31 and i.......wait a minute is this the 30 something club...ah..anyway..I started with ozzy and slowly started with the thrash and speed metal thing....even back in the late 80's i was not only getting into bands like ANTHRAX,SLAYER,OVERKILL,DRI,SACRED REICH...ETC. I also started getting into bands that may not even been heard in the u.s...ex...PARADOX a german thrash band that were very obvious influenced by metallica....
but i'm a maiden fan and have been since 83......

since then i've been into metal and will always will be till i'm dead:headbang:

Oh yeah, how could I forget about Slayer, Maiden, Sacred Reich, DRI, and Exodus?

I also got into Coroner and Kreator at about that same time too.

There is a small tidbit in Revolver magazine this month that states Testament is working on a new album. NOW WHY THE FUCK AIN'T THIS PLASTERED ON THE MOON OR SOMETHING?! Best news I've heard in a while, where's the hype machine, why aren't people going apeshit yet?!

toodiesel said:
I believe Eric and Alex have been quoted that they are writing new material for a Testament album to be recorded at the end of the year. The Eric interview about it is here:

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=53641

I can't remember where I read Alex's statements, but I believe it was on one of his mailing list sendouts from his official website: ( www.alexskolnick.com )

Awesome, thanks for that link dude. Holy fucking shit! We've got a new Testament album to look forward too!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Imp! said:
There is a small tidbit in Revolver magazine this month that states Testament is working on a new album. NOW WHY THE FUCK AIN'T THIS PLASTERED ON THE MOON OR SOMETHING?! Best news I've heard in a while, where's the hype machine, why aren't people going apeshit yet?!

Probably because we heard "we are working on it" several times already.

But it sounds great, I'm looking forward to it. :)

erk, I'd prefer it if the line-up was the same as on The Gathering. The rythm section pwns so hard.

progmetalgod said:
I'm a freshman in college now and I've been listening to this type of music since I was in fourth grade!

It's good to know that Testament will finally be putting out new material. It' been nearly eight years since the Gathering so I sure hope it'll be a killer record!