Votes: 1 1.8%
  • The Gathering

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters

Brent

True Believer
Jan 13, 2003
Chicago IL
This is probably a poll that has been done to death here, but I have been here since Januaray and I have not seen it in the Testament board once. Deadly Embrace did one in the Old School forum not too long ago, and The New Order was victorious. I don't know about here, a lot of you guys seem to like The Gathering a lot. I only included studio albums , and not First Strike. I voted for New Order for it's kick ass classic thrash and the awesome melodic intros..not to mention the fact that it has like 7 live staples. The Legacy, The Gathering, and Practice What You Preach are all godly as well. Low and Souls of Black are pretty good, and Ritual and Demonic, while there worst albums in my mind, are still in the good category.

Now it's your turn to vote!

i actually don't get why hardly anyone likes Demonic!
it's actually one of my favourite albums by testament, and i think it is better than most others except for 'the legacy' and 'the gathering'....
anyway....
The Legacy and The Gathering are on par, as they both kick ass and are also totally different so i can't decide which is better.

dom said:
i actually don't get why hardly anyone likes Demonic!
it's actually one of my favourite albums by testament, and i think it is better than most others except for 'the legacy' and 'the gathering'....
anyway....
The Legacy and The Gathering are on par, as they both kick ass and are also totally different so i can't decide which is better.

I don't get it either. I think alot of people who don't listen to death metal have a hard time with the vocals. I love Demonic and will continue to play that cd for years to come.

I think Demonic was a shock to a lot of Testament fans. I've listened to death metal for while though so I guess I was desensitized to the vocals. Death or clean, the music was awesome. I voted for the Gathering though. It still kicks my ass whenever I listen to it.

It's a tough question. I almost feel bad for Low and The New Order because with any other band I'd choose them. But The Gathering is in my opinion the best album made by any band. I like all of them though. Even Demonic, which suprised me at first, grew on me quick. I didn't like death vocals at all before that, but it kinda opened me up to it. The Gathering used that aggression and combined it with Low. I think Testament has definitely found their own sound with that combination, and I can only hope the next album is in the same mold.

I'd love to vote for New Order, but since I haven't even heard Gathering I don't feel alligable (sp?) to vote.

I have all Testament studio records from Legacy to Low, except Souls of Black.

hiddenlegions said:
I don't get it either. I think alot of people who don't listen to death metal have a hard time with the vocals. I love Demonic and will continue to play that cd for years to come.
Bingo.

It's the same thing with The Gathering for me. There are some great riffs/solos on it but all of this black/death metal influences just put me off.

i agree that the music from demonic was awesome but im not much into death metal with the growling vocals. if it was the chuck i was used to that wouldve been one of my favorite testament cd's