Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demonic

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • The Gathering

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
augdawg2 said:
I may get shot for this, but I actually voted for "The Legacy". It's not that I hate the album(far from it), but I still believe that right next to "Souls of Black", it's just boring. However, I love all the others and that's why I've been a Testament fan since 86. I'm surprised to see so many vote for "Demonic", that's one crushing album. Just my two cents!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Ok Auggie Doggie, Doggie Daddy needs to slap you upside your head!
lol.gif

(hopefully you catch the Hanna- Barbera reference)

Just kidding, it IS your opinion, Im just totally surprised someone from the old school would say that "The Legacy" is "boring" I expect that sort of blasphemy and ignorance from a newbie
grumble.gif

but not from a fan from back in the day, but anyway, its your opinioin and I have to respect it.
dozey.gif

To me "The LEGACY" is the ONE and ONLY TestAmenT albums that kicks ass 100% of the record.
headbob.gif

My least favorite is "The Ritual" Ive been a TestAmenT fan since The Legacy was released and to me they've never ever even come CLOSE to recapturing the speed and brutality of that record. All the other albums have had some kick ass songs, but also lots of CRAP as well.

Man, I don't know why people obsess so much about their earlier albums. It's just plain thrash; it's nothing you can't find early Sepultura/Metallica/Anthrax/Slayer doing just as well or better. It's only in their last 3 albums that they've come to start writing music that sounds original, heavy, and completely their own.

Fuxake, Gathering, Demonic and Low are leagues ahead of their generic early albums.

SculptedCold said:
Man, I don't know why people obsess so much about their earlier albums. It's just plain thrash; it's nothing you can't find early Sepultura/Metallica/Anthrax/Slayer doing just as well or better. It's only in their last 3 albums that they've come to start writing music that sounds original, heavy, and completely their own.

Fuxake, Gathering, Demonic and Low are leagues ahead of their generic early albums.

I know this is an opinion thread, but I completely disagree. Earlier Testament brillianty mixed thrash and melody, especially on The New Order. In fact, I find earlier Testament better than any of the bands that you mentioned. Like I've said before, I love new Testament, but I still prefer their first two albums to anything they've done.

Anthrax never came close to doing what Testament did on the Legacy. (or any album for that matter)
That album was not JUST plain thrash and it blows away the last 3 albums (IMO)

ESTIGMA 2001, I agree, The New Order wasnt perfect, but The LEGACY sure as fuck was!

@SculptedCold: I agree and disagree with you at the same time.
I think a record like The New Order isn't just plain 80s thrash.
It has a very unique sound with the acoustic sections and the general feel.
But The Gathering really got Testament their most unique sound blending the brutalness of Demonic with catchiness.