New Testament "Best Of" CD released

Status
Not open for further replies.

desert_demon

Wise in the ways of metal
Nov 10, 2002
Mexico
Visit site
I just found out there's yet another Testament "Best Of" compilation out called Days Of Darkness. It's a two CD set with first CD being a compilation of Demonic and The Gathering, while the second CD is just a reissue of First Strke Still Deadly.

Track listing is as follows:

Disc 1
1. Hatreds Rise
2. John Doe
3. Riding The Snake
4. Down For Life
5. Demonic Refusal
6. The Burning Times
7. Ten Thousand Thrones
8. D.N.R.
9. 3 Days In Darkness
10. Together As One
11. Legions Of The Dead
12. Fall Of Sipledome

Disc 2
1. First Strike Is Deadly
2. Into The Pit
3. Trial By Fire
4. Disciples Of The Watch
5. The Preacher
6. Burnt Offerings
7. Over The Wall
8. The New Order
9. The Haunting
10. Alone In The Dark
11. Reign Of Terror

Correct me if I'm wrong but this would be the fourth Best Of CD Testament has released.

that is kinda ummm gay.Just the question WHY does testament keep releasing best of cd's? This is getting kind of old we already have signs of chaos the best of testament,the very best of testament blah blah blah,first strike still deadly and now this?Come on guys dont be following in the footsteps of Iron Maiden releasing a "best of" cd every two years :err: I mean a live DVD would have at least been better than this come on we can easily burn the same songs or better songs onto a cd'r from the albums that we already own and make an even better complilation cd than that.No offense but that is the worst track listing of the "best of" series I have seen and why reissure first strike still deadly by the way.I mean if they are planning on doing yet another "best of" comp at least wait till the new album is finished and released....

what do you know and the only updates on their site are one's for merch.
are they following in the footsteps of Kiss? :confused:

I believe that the fact that "best of's" are being released more frequently than regular records, is not entirely the band's fault, just the label's policy. I think that the Best of from '96 and the Very Best Of from 2001 have both been released without Testament's knowledge/permission and that some agreement was reached later- correct me if I'm wrong. I also see little use in releasing various compilations of the same, without adding any rarities (like on Signs Of Chaos), but no one forces you to buy it- it's directed to people new to TestAmenT or, in "DoD" 's case- perhaps also to those who stopped following TestAmenT in the early 90's- I suppose. And, of course, the label ants to make as much money on each band, as possible. Sad but true...

A while ago I read an interview where Chuck said that Testament's record company is going to release some stuff and Testament wasn't even informed about the release. At the time (in Juny) he didn't even exactly know what the record company was releasing. So that's not band's fault.

High Priest Of Evil said:
I believe that the fact that "best of's" are being released more frequently than regular records, is not entirely the band's fault, just the label's policy. I think that the Best of from '96 and the Very Best Of from 2001 have both been released without Testament's knowledge/permission and that some agreement was reached later- correct me if I'm wrong. I also see little use in releasing various compilations of the same, without adding any rarities (like on Signs Of Chaos), but no one forces you to buy it- it's directed to people new to TestAmenT or, in "DoD" 's case- perhaps also to those who stopped following TestAmenT in the early 90's- I suppose. And, of course, the label ants to make as much money on each band, as possible. Sad but true...
Well at least someone knows whats up!
The band did'nt want another Best Of.......But The label has rights to their songs & try to make more money off the bands name, they don't even get to choose the artwork, the label just does it.......High Priest Your intelligent.........these other members just don't know the business end, and how record Labels work or Ripp Off ........Hi DeadLioness, your not included, but punch that Idiot above you.......the one who likes boys!

^^^^

Listen here Walter there is no need for the name calling thats pretty fucked up and childish.All you had to do was get the facts straight.Whats the use of calling people names in the process?All he said was he thought it was ridiculous my god is that such a crime?I cant honestly see anything wrong with someone having a differance of opinion.

Deadly Embrace said:
Whats more ridicilous is you being with a woman.......Cause your Dodens Gay!
That was fairly pathetic, coming from an adult.

I only made the comment because a fairly active band shouldn't have 5 best ofs in less than ten years. That is overkill. And yes I know it's in large part (and mostly because of) the record labels, but it's still ridiculous. And so was your pathetic comment.

Dodens Grav said:
That was fairly pathetic, coming from an adult.

I only made the comment because a fairly active band shouldn't have 5 best ofs in less than ten years. That is overkill. And yes I know it's in large part (and mostly because of) the record labels, but it's still ridiculous. And so was your pathetic comment.
:ill: :yuk: :Smug: one would expect such a comment coming from a psuedo-intellectual...

Thanks for joining the discussion and clearing it up, Walter!
And, guys, try to understand DE being upset. He's close to the band, they're his friends and no wonder he can't tolerate such accusations and someone suggesting it's the band's idea to release one best of after another (to get more money without working, to enlarge their discography or whatever the reason would be) while he knows it's not true. After reading the posts, I think we all should calm down a bit, though. There's really nothing to argue about after all

^

dude either way Walter was outta line I am sure Chuck and the rest of the guy's wouldnt appreciate him making fun of TESTAMENT fans like that.Regardless of who's fault it was for releasing yet another best of collection.I think Walter should apologize for those rude comments.

I'm not saying that I totally approve of his comment or support calling other people names, I was just trying to say I understand him being upset or vexed (not the way he expressed it). He barely ever posts here nowadays and when he does, you can be sure that the subject he's commenting is important for him and he's here to get the facts straight (because he knows "for sure" when it comes to TestAmenT unlike some people here) and it's easy to cross the line in such moment. Fuck, why do I feel like speaking for him anyway... Perhaps I needn't have made the previous post. I was just trying to cool down the tempers.

Well either way there is better ways to handling things rather than resorting to name calling I've been around people like that before they aint no fun to hang around.I dont wanna mention names but his name starts with a J and his last name with an A I dont want to believe he would stoop to that persons level.I thought he was better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.