I want to ride my bicycle...

AchrisK

Weakling
Jan 16, 2007
Arizona, USA
www.musicbuyingfreak.com
So, this is the biking thread.

Anyone do any biking? BMX? MTB? Road Biking?

I have always just loved riding. Never raced, but back in the 70's and 80's I rode a BMX bike constantly, and even got pretty rad at dirt jumping and some street (freestyle). Not like on the X-Games and stuff, but still pretty rad. I have always had a BMX bike, and in the 90's and 00's I was still doing some jumping (with my son) and some just plain ol' riding.

I recently got myself a mountain bike. It is a 2006 GT Chucker 2.0. At this point it is pretty much still stock. Got it for $200. It's sort of a dirt jumping style mountain bike. Smaller, tough frame, front suspension with 100mm of travel. Much more comfortable than a BMX (I am like 6-1). I have been riding on the street and on some trails, having a blast.

I mostly just ride on the weekends, I've got a basic 21 speed mountain bike with front shocks, but I'd like to upgrade to a racer.

I tried riding to work the other day. It took about 55 minutes which really is just too long. Plus there's a head wind on the way there, a mega sea breeze on the way home and I have a pretty physical job as well. If I rode to work daily I'd definitely upgrade, but at the moment it's a bit hard to justify it.

ive been biking as long as I can remember. I love biking so damn much! I used to be really into downhilling; even had a DH bike and went down a bunch of famous trails in my backyard. Now I own a dirt/street bike ( Norco 250 ) and bike everyday. I cant do many cool tricks, but I can 180 on flatland and do some other weird spins. Im just now getting into dirtjumping.

I need to upgrade my forks. They are an RST Gila plus. Basically a low end fork they put on stock bikes. I am trying to decide between a dirt jumping fork which will be strong, but less good on the trail because of the stiff spring, and some kind of all-mountain which might be less strong, but will make the trails like buttah!

I was pretty mad into BMX as a kid. I built a pretty good one out of a hack piece of crap. Always wanted a Redline or a Mongoose though.

shoreham_bmx_25th_anniversary_039_lg.jpg

Sweet lookin' bike. Are those graphite Tuff Wheels? Bear Trap pedals?

I always had an ugly BMX bike, but I was rad, so it didn't matter. I had a Mongoose Supergoose in the 80's. I always rode Tuff Wheels.

I dunno I just Googled "Redline" and that was what came up. Speaking of rad:

11.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

I don't bike anymore because some asshole hit me from behind doing 80 clicks an hour, last summer. Fuck that noise.

Went for a couple of rides recently, one this morning and one Friday morning. I love riding. Today I was riding with a friend. There is one part of the trails called the half-pipe, which if you go to the left you roll into the section, and if you go right you get about a 3 foot drop. I went right and quickly realized it so I pointed left to tell my friend who was behind me. By then I could not get back to the left, so I had to hit the drop. Fortunately I was able to think quickly enough and pull up and land it fine.

I will be getting an upgrade to my cranks for Christmas. Getting Shimano SLX M665.

I really also want to upgrade my forks. That will definitely be my next upgrade.

The guy I was riding with is just getting back into riding. He went a little crazy and got a Specialized Big Hit. It's a bit much for these trails. He wants to get into downhill riding.