arghx2 my bike broke down during my ride to work

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
I was in the middle of the street and pressed down on the pedal to propel myself to the curb...there was a SKRUNK noise and the whole pedal/rear wheel apparatus froze and stopped moving...I had to waddle/drag the bike across the street while cars honked and laughed and almost struck me...looking at the back, I didn't see any obvious fork- or wheel-bendage, but the back wheel seemed to be sitting slightly askew and was now pressing against the fork.

I had to carry the bike home and then take the T to work. Now I have no bike.

ARGH.

That sucks man, it's always when you're in the middle of traffic that bikes fuck up.

Anyway, consider yourself lucky: I got mine stolen on Monday, in front of my work and in broad daylight. I just spent C$500 replacing it and am still incredibly pissed. Apparently the fuckers sometimes use liquid nitrogen to bust through the heavy-duty U-Locks, or even car jacks.

the only reason i didn't get smeared was because a kindly truck actually stopped instead of trying to muscle me out of the way.

(i was in a crosswalk, incidentally, so ALL the oncoming traffic should've stopped)