The Girl At Work....................

Tinger

New Metal Member
Aug 12, 2011
USA
I struck up a conversation with the girl at work today about some bands because we have a radio on that is back ground music. I asked her if she had ever heard California Girls by the Beach Boys and she said no. What about some songs by the Who? No was the reply. What about Satisfaction by the Stones? Honky Tonk Woman? In desperation I named a few Beatle songs to which she shrugged her shoulders. That was astounding to me and I wondered how many hundreds of songs she had the chance to discover yet in her life. Just as a side note I did lend her a book about Elvis called Down At The End Of Lonely Street which she is reading. She did mention about a song by the artist Sir Ivan that I think was called Live for Today.........

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked a lot of the images in this video, but they didn't seem to go together. With the protest/rights stuff, you feel empowerment. Then it switches to sexuality, which creates a different mood. I guess he's trying to show sexual empowerment is just as important and political empowerment, but it misses the mark. The muscianship is horrible. Like the song, but hate the singer/musicians.