i watched Big Fish over the weekend

I put effort into finding Big Fish and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind in theaters and was glad I did. It's like now I've got chick flicks other than Harold & Maude that I'll need to watch.

"slow" isn't bad at all, though. unless the person who told you that actually meant "too slow" in which case i would reply "you idiot, you must think khanate sucks."

I saw All About Love last night. It was flawed, but still interesting. Great cinematography and good acting from Claire Danes. The portentious vibe of the film was well-done.

watched Memento last night. interesting, although a bit more enigmatic ending would've been more intriguing and memorable imo. the constant working backwards was interesting, although got a bit tedious after a while. didn't expect the ending, but if it had somehow been less tidy and more off the wall or unfinished/undetermined, i think it would've been more interesting.

xfer said:
incidentally Troy was pretty good, even though it wasn't the Iliad at ALL.

Agamemmnon died at the end (uh, there goes a whole 'nother epic).

Achilles' boyfriend Patroclus became his "cousin"

there were NO gods or anything supernatural in the movie at all. jesus.

also, 8ish naked shots of Brat Pitt and Orlando Bloom from the treasure trail up.

Yeah, we snuck out and saw this movie as well. As far a the big war epics go, it was just OK. Also, didn't the war in the Iliad take near 10 years, or am I wrong on this?

Last two great movies I saw were Troy and The Last Samurai. Both rocked hard.

How could anybody say that Troy was a "Chick Flick"? Besides the point that the battle was fought for love and all that jazz. Brad Pitt kicked hard in that movie. Though, I don't know why that had to show his ass ten times. I mean, it was hot and all, but it just got old after a while.

The Last Samurai also kicked hard. Maybe it's just because I'm facsinated with the Japanese culture and samurai. The ninja vs samurai fight scene was one of THE best fight scenes I've ever seen.

Some other movies that I've seen recently: Kill Bill Vol. 1, Kill Bill Vol. 2, and Mona Lisa Smile.

well, there were a LOT of scenes with people talking slowly about love and whatnot. in fact, several were inserted into the real story (like Brad Pitt's priestess/slave girl).