I wonder if Scott & Charlie in particular feel bored at all?

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Now that the reunion tour has been in full swing now for several months, I gotta wonder whether Scott, Charlie, and Frank ever get bored with the same old toons they've been playing for over 15 years+ - in a creativity sense at least.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I saw the tour shows twice here in May and loved every second, but you gotta wonder if these guys ever get slightly bored playing the same old stuff every night.

Surely they must want to crank out something like Only, Room For One More, What Doesn't Die, Safe Home, Inside Out (I could go on....) and other various goodies from the SOWN --> WCFYA days, rather than churning out the same stuff night after night. Why don't they bring out some real old chestnuts like Panic, or One World, or Now It's Dark, or Blood, or something just to mix it up???

I just wonder if this gets hard for the guys, to be not playing some of the bands best material from the last 13 or so years....??

Mr Wu, your thoughts???
Personally if i had to play Got the Time, Antisocial, Caught in a mosh etc every night i would be pretty fuckin bored. Dont get me wrong i like the old stuff but playing the same "fans favorites/classics" every night would bore my arse off.

Mind u They might have been bored playing Only, Inside Out....

I think that even if they are bored, they will still play basically the same songs because 1. fans that have been for a long time expect to hear certain songs when they go to the shows and let's face it, not all fans are up for change (in this case the playlist) and 2. if they have newer fans, those fans will probably only really know the more "greatest hits" (for lack of a better word) tunes. I know that I love Indians and want to hear that song when I see them but really I don't care what they want to throw at me. Unfortunately I think it comes with the territory - if you write and play good songs that people really dig, they want to hear them for as long as you can play them. I suppose its a blessing and a curse.

Michele

timmyc said:
Now that the reunion tour has been in full swing now for several months, I gotta wonder whether Scott, Charlie, and Frank ever get bored with the same old toons they've been playing for over 15 years+ - in a creativity sense at least.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I saw the tour shows twice here in May and loved every second, but you gotta wonder if these guys ever get slightly bored playing the same old stuff every night.

Surely they must want to crank out something like Only, Room For One More, What Doesn't Die, Safe Home, Inside Out (I could go on....) and other various goodies from the SOWN --> WCFYA days, rather than churning out the same stuff night after night. Why don't they bring out some real old chestnuts like Panic, or One World, or Now It's Dark, or Blood, or something just to mix it up???

I just wonder if this gets hard for the guys, to be not playing some of the bands best material from the last 13 or so years....??
I heard Frankie say in an interview in the early 90s that Joey wouldn't sing Blood.

To be honest I'd like to hear John Bush again and only hear songs from S442 forward.

timmyc said:

I just wonder if this gets hard for the guys, to be not playing some of the bands best material from the last 13 or so years....??[/QUOTE

I agree that it could be hard for them, and I think Joey would be great on some of John's material, particularly something like Catharsis.

I'd also love to hear some vintage Joey as well, Gridlock, A Sceleton in the Closet, Who Cares Wins ( My fave Danny solo).

They must want to freshen things up at some point, I would think.

DarbysDad said:
I heard Frankie say in an interview in the early 90s that Joey wouldn't sing Blood.

QUOTE]

I wonder why that is??? Any ideas, people???

They're going to end up like Sabbath; only playing the same few songs night after night. Geezer & Tony have publicly displayed their discontent for this (see BWBK), and eventually Scott & Charlie will, too.

Of course, Ozzy has stated that he doesn't want to try to write another Sabbath album, but...

Yer, but even when they bring out 'new songs', the guys in the band have been playing these songs for probably the best part of a year to get them right, have them recorded etc. so after a few performances bordom could still settle in with the new stuff......

Just my theory anyway .........

What? When did John Bush replace Julio? I can't believe this is happening.....

Ok ... seriously now ... I would like to see them do more stuff off POT. Gridlock, One Man Stands, Discharge ... TIME :D ....

In Finland the only one who seemed to be bored was Danny. He looked kinda unhappy. He was always standing in front of his amplifier while the others were on the edge of the stage. Yes, even Charlie (not).

DarrellDethSDMF said:
In Finland the only one who seemed to be bored was Danny. He looked kinda unhappy. He was always standing in front of his amplifier while the others were on the edge of the stage. Yes, even Charlie (not).

Dan has always been a little mellow on stage anyway, so I wouldn't of thought he was unhappy at all.

If you have a look at some of their older shows (N.F.V stuff for example), Dan seems to just stand on stage and smile alot - I actually quite like the whole mellow approach, it brings balance to the force ........ :headbang:

The guy rocks in his own way ........

aliasp said:
What? When did John Bush replace Julio? I can't believe this is happening.....

Ok ... seriously now ... I would like to see them do more stuff off POT. Gridlock, One Man Stands, Discharge ... TIME :D ....

You shoulda gone to your new hometown show - they played Time at the Palace gig. :worship: