Charlie giving Bush the Finger?

Hey John,

Better production? I think not. Don't mess with songs that are already classics. You may think you are some heavy aggressive vocalist but you really aren't.... unless you think saying 'yeahh' and 'ohhhhh' during the song makes it more aggressive. If I want more aggressive I'll listen to a bands like Slayer or Pantera. For Anthrax the albums Joey did were excellent they way there were and shouldn't be messed with. The cover band that did the TGOTE is not even close to the same caliber as the originals. Hope you have the best of luck in Armored Saint!

Just curious ... what do you think about Armored Saint? I guess I am pretty informed on your thoughts about Anthrax by now. ;-)

Just curious ... what do you think about Armored Saint? I guess I am pretty informed on your thoughts about Anthrax by now. ;-)

Can't say I was ever a HUGE fan. Though I was a fan of some of their music back before John joined Anthrax. Thought they were pretty good. But never did all that much for me that I would consider them one of my top bands.

WTF are you talking about? All I said was PRODUCTION means a LOT to the finished product. Did not mention RTL or MOP! Take a pill, dillweed.

You didn't someone else did, sorry. Yes production does mean a lot to the finished product. I only said that foe me, TGOTE has overall better production, not to be confused with better album.

You didn't someone else did, sorry. Yes production does mean a lot to the finished product. I only said that foe me, TGOTE has overall better production, not to be confused with better album.

TGOTE was just a live recording in a studio setting. The production is far from good. Sure it was 'loud' but thats just the mastering of it. POT has a great production just could use a bit of a re-master. The POT songs on TGOTE are laughable.

Some people say Metallica's ... And Justice For All is a terrible production because you can't hear the bass blah blah. But it is one of my favorite productions they have ever done.

TGOTE was just a live recording in a studio setting. The production is far from good. Sure it was 'loud' but thats just the mastering of it. POT has a great production just could use a bit of a re-master. The POT songs on TGOTE are laughable.

Some people say Metallica's ... And Justice For All is a terrible production because you can't hear the bass blah blah. But it is one of my favorite productions they have ever done.

Good on you. The original idea was for TGOTE to be done live. There was a live performance for sure, but only the drums were kept. Anyone hear the audience? Notice how well played the guitars are? The vocals were re-done as well. And the mix is so well balanced between the instruments. Justice is an awesome album but way over-produced, over the top with drums and guitar. Different strokes for dufferent folks, but you are only interested in one way conversations.

TGOTE should have never been released. Especially with the name "The Greater of..." If Scott and Charlie really think those original Anthrax album Spreading, Among, POT needed redone to sound better they are fucked in the head. Those albums are all absolute classics. Maybe it sold them a few records as a gimmick album. But in the end of time TGOTE will never ever hold a candle to the originals.

I wonder how Joey feels about them naming that album 'The Greater of Two Evils" basically saying this was greater because of the vocalist. I don't know how the fuck he can handle being in a band with Scott and Charlie. They have done just about everything possible to make him feel out of place and like a piece of shit. It is obvious now they know without him they are done as a band. So now the total ass kissing phase is on the way. They have to kiss Joeys ass in order for him to stay in the band and for Anthrax to continue on as a band. Its a sick situation

Even if you happen to enjoy that album there is no way in fuck it is The Greater of any of the Classic Anthrax albums no matter what the production value is.

I don't actually think they intended the title as a slam at Joey...it was released during the election in 2004 back when everyone was talking about voting for "the lesser of two evils"...meaning both candidate sucked ass, but you had to pick the one you hated less. It was a spin on that.

I always thought that the coolest part of TGOTE was the fact that after all the hype and campaigning on this board the band snuck Lone Justice on as a bonus track. Cool nod, IMO.

As for the concept of a "slam on Joey," I really don't see it that way, but I can understand why some would. I saw it as this: as they got older, these songs were played differntly, changed, etc. TGOTE was just a reflection of that. Hell, I'd kind of like to see a TGOTE 2, with Joey doing Bush-era songs. Might be interesting.

I don't actually think they intended the title as a slam at Joey...it was released during the election in 2004 back when everyone was talking about voting for "the lesser of two evils"...meaning both candidate sucked ass, but you had to pick the one you hated less. It was a spin on that.

Correct!!! Winner. IMFAN showing off his knowledge once again hey Deege!!

I don't get it. Are you trying to say Chuck's wife needs to shave her snatch or something? Maybe he's into that hairy stuff or something. To each their own dude.

No, you made a statement saying that it sounded better because it was newer.:

Well, which is it, is it a great sounding album or does it distort a bit but still sounds good TO YOU? It can't be both.

And when you give responses like:

I think I do know you and the inferred tone of your comments does make it seem like an attack.

Let me see, I initially said you could "argue" that production and performance is better, secondly it's what I think, I could'nt give a toss what you think of it, and yes I can have it both ways, it does sound good to me even with the clipping OK? I also said just because I think it's better produced, doesn't mean it's a better album. You know, I don't go out of my way to instigate anything, I get attacked all the time, so sometimes I retaliate. I'm sorry for making people think too much, does it hurt?

Pay close attention to what he is saying. He is acknowledging what the fans want. That dose not mean thats exactly what he wants. He may prefer John to Joey. He is just stating that he can see that Joey is what it seems more people are wanting...

And I think that's it. I think they wanted to do more with John and it didn't work out so they went with Joey. And that's not a bad thing really, they made plenty of good music with Joey and it sounds like they still are.

Heh yeah.......Funny thing is though, I always though grunge was an image more than a musical style. To me it was Metal dressed in Flannels. When tight Black jeans weren't selling records anymore, they had to find another way. I actually hate the term "Grunge"............:yuk:

I don't hate the term. I just think it's funny and just as stupid as most other genre names out there. As far as flannel goes... I was wearing that back in 1980 because it's what my mommy bought to keep me warm.

... I was wearing that back in 1980 because it's what my mommy bought to keep me warm.

Me too. When flannel was "in" I thought it was hilarious. Yoopers (residents of Michigan's Upper Peninsula) where 'em 24/7/365. Most of us, thought Seattle ripped us off. At least flannel was practical, as opposed to say, SPANDEX. Imagine if IMF09 was worried about Maiden's image in the 80s....let's face it, they were the spandex kings. That's why the whole "image" thing is a farce. If you like the music who the HELL cares what the band is wearing? I love Armored Saint, but the whole "Armor" image was a joke. Still great music though.

Me too. When flannel was "in" I thought it was hilarious. Yoopers (residents of Michigan's Upper Peninsula) where 'em 24/7/365. Most of us, thought Seattle ripped us off. At least flannel was practical, as opposed to say, SPANDEX. Imagine if IMF09 was worried about Maiden's image in the 80s....let's face it, they were the spandex kings. That's why the whole "image" thing is a farce. If you like the music who the HELL carew what the band is wearing? I love Armored Saint, but the whole "Armor" image was a joke. Still great music though.

Exactly. Not as if what a band wears is gonna change my life in any way. Some people seem to go in labour when a band does something different.:lol:

Yeh, I think the drums on Justice sound fuckin intense!