Charlie giving Bush the Finger?

This is true. The Doors first album, "The Doors" is one of the FINEST albums of all time, and a lot of that has to do with Rotchhild's production.

Good for you then. I was talking about production only. Whether or not it's a better album is subjective of course, there is a difference. By the way those Gold RTL and MOP albums from Steve Hoffman were remastered only, not remixed, get your facts straight.

Good for you then. I was talking about production only. Whether or not it's a better album is subjective of course, there is a difference. By the way those Gold RTL and MOP albums from Steve Hoffman were remastered only, not remixed, get your facts straight.

Fine, a REMASTERING job. Doesn't change the fact that recording an album with today's technology doesn't mean it's going to sound better than something recorded 20-40 years ago. Performances aside, TGOTE doesn't SOUND good at all. Don't confuse loudness for good sound.

Scott also said that the reason why the did the reunion back in '05 was because they couldn't survive doing another album with the Bush line up. They had to do the reunion in order to survive as a band. I think a lot of people were pissed that they weren't going to go forward and make an album with Joey at the time (for whatever reason any of them want to use) and interest, again, declined. John filled contractual obligations for the band and then they got Dan Nelson. In hindsight, they would've been better off getting Matthew or Gunnar Nelson because at least those guys know how to tour. Fans had a morbid curiosity as to how that might turn out (it was worse than Gary Cherone's stint in VH), Dan quit/got fired and business picked up when Joey got back.

I think Scott and Charlie may prefer to have Bush in the band but, unless Scott wants to live in Meat Loaf's basement for the rest of his life, he knows having Joey in the band is the best thing for business.

They did the reunion tour because they were owing the merch company, Sony Signatures, around 75 thousand dollars each at that time. It was their management's and Charlie's idea how to fix this hole and it was the last thing Scott wanted at the time, because the whole thing was planned out BEFORE they even release TGOTE. Saying that the songs sound how they had meant to sound like and planning the reunion at the same time might have seemed a little odd :lol: funny thing was that they didn't tell Bush and Caggiano what is going to happen until the last tour in South America, which Bush did not even get paid for. They did not want it, they kind of have to do it (even though there was probably some other ways how to pay the debt) and they certainly did not end up as friends with Joey. So what's the difference between 2007 and 2010? Makes me wonder, maybe Joey gets more money this time. There are still issues between him and the rest of the band (as clearly seen in the recent interviews, when you read between all these asskissing lines) and if it implodes again after releasing this record, maybe Charlie will tell us a different story. It might as well be how he had tears in his eyes during the Sonisphere Knebforth 2009 and how it had been the best show of his life...or something completely different :)

Fine, a REMASTERING job. Doesn't change the fact that recording an album with today's technology doesn't mean it's going to sound better than something recorded 20-40 years ago. Performances aside, TGOTE doesn't SOUND good at all. Don't confuse loudness for good sound.

Good on you for thinking so. So what if it's mastered loud? The quiet bits are quieter than the loud bits and the loud bits are louder than the quiet bits which still equals dynamic range. Which is all that Steve Hoffman did at the end of the day, made MOP and RTL louder............

Good on you for thinking so. So what if it's mastered loud? The quiet bits are quieter than the loud bits and the loud bits are louder than the quiet bits which still equals dynamic range. Which is all that Steve Hoffman did at the end of the day, made MOP and RTL louder............

TGOTE peaks and squeals like Ned Beatty in Deliverance. I guess if you're listening to it on the computer or through a boom box it doesn't matter, but when you're actually listening to it through a really good sound system, it matters.

You like TGOTE and you love John Bush and you're a self confessed "muso", a term I had to look up and wasn't too shocked at it's meaning:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=muso

"A muso is a person who is obsessed with music.

Their record collection will contain music and artists nobody else has heard of, and if they believe that an artist is becoming popular they will deny they ever listened to them and quickly dispose of any evidence.

If they come around to your house they will make a beeline for your music collection and then criticise everything in it just to make sure you know they are cool.

As a sideline they will take up the acoustic guitar and then force you to listen to their "revolutionary" take on what music could be like. It will undoubtedly be dreadful and unlistenable.

'You're such a muso, if other people have heard of it you hate it.'"

Their record collection will contain music and artists nobody else has heard of, and if they believe that an artist is becoming popular they will deny they ever listened to them and quickly dispose of any evidence.

If they come around to your house they will make a beeline for your music collection and then criticise everything in it just to make sure you know they are cool.

As a sideline they will take up the acoustic guitar and then force you to listen to their "revolutionary" take on what music could be like. It will undoubtedly be dreadful and unlistenable.

I had to laugh at this because I know a guy personally who is just like that :lol: even the "accoustic guitar" remark is spot on

TGOTE peaks and squeals like Ned Beatty in Deliverance. I guess if you're listening to it on the computer or through a boom box it doesn't matter, but when you're actually listening to it through a really good sound system, it matters.

You like TGOTE and you love John Bush and you're a self confessed "muso", a term I had to look up and wasn't too shocked at it's meaning:

Yeah like you really know me......LOL. There's a billion thing more important to my life than just music......Like I said before, I like both eras.......I know TGOTE distorts a bit but overall it still sounds good to me, get it? TO ME. If you hate if, well congratulations! I was just stating what I think, not attacking anyone, I dont care if you disagree, seems like if I think TGOTE has a good production, theTru Broooootal Old SKOOLERS take it as a personal attack.

4642482-big2.jpg

Yeah like you really know me......LOL. There's a billion thing more important to my life than just music......Like I said before, I like both eras.......I know TGOTE distorts a bit but overall it still sounds good to me, get it? TO ME. If you hate if, well congratulations! I was just stating what I think, not attacking anyone, I dont care if you disagree, seems like if I think TGOTE has a good production, theTru Broooootal Old SKOOLERS take it as a personal attack.

No, you made a statement saying that it sounded better because it was newer.:

Technically speaking , er, yes. Think about it, at least 14 years difference in recording and production techniques btween the last Joey era album POT and TGOTE, so by default, yes TGOTE is a better production, loud mastering notwithstanding..........

Well, which is it, is it a great sounding album or does it distort a bit but still sounds good TO YOU? It can't be both.

And when you give responses like:

I'm sorry...........good for you.

Good for you then.

Good on you for thinking so.

Prove it............:rolleyes:

Yeah like you really know me......LOL. If you hate if, well congratulations!

I think I do know you and the inferred tone of your comments does make it seem like an attack.

TGOTE should have never been released. Especially with the name "The Greater of..." If Scott and Charlie really think those original Anthrax album Spreading, Among, POT needed redone to sound better they are fucked in the head. Those albums are all absolute classics. Maybe it sold them a few records as a gimmick album. But in the end of time TGOTE will never ever hold a candle to the originals.

I wonder how Joey feels about them naming that album 'The Greater of Two Evils" basically saying this was greater because of the vocalist. I don't know how the fuck he can handle being in a band with Scott and Charlie. They have done just about everything possible to make him feel out of place and like a piece of shit. It is obvious now they know without him they are done as a band. So now the total ass kissing phase is on the way. They have to kiss Joeys ass in order for him to stay in the band and for Anthrax to continue on as a band. Its a sick situation

Even if you happen to enjoy that album there is no way in fuck it is The Greater of any of the Classic Anthrax albums no matter what the production value is.

You act like they were actually re-recording "the classics", such as when that Sharon cunt had the original drums and bass redone on the first Ozzy albums remasters because Kerslake and Daisley had pissed her off. Had they released Among The Living remaster with for example guitar solos redone by Caggiano, I would be pissed off too. But TGOTE was something completely different, similar to the First Strike Still Deadly or to what Molly Hatchet did (can't recall the name now). After all, Anthrax had been playing some of those songs live with Bush for years and they had become better musicians since, so why not capture the atmosphere. I think the Fistful songs (especially Deathrider) came out just great, while for example I Am The Law is kinda slow and boring.

WTF are you talking about? All I said was PRODUCTION means a LOT to the finished product. Did not mention RTL or MOP! Take a pill, dillweed.

You act like they were actually re-recording "the classics", such as when that Sharon cunt had the original drums and bass redone on the first Ozzy albums remasters because Kerslake and Daisley had pissed her off. Had they released Among The Living remaster with for example guitar solos redone by Caggiano, I would be pissed off too. But TGOTE was something completely different, similar to the First Strike Still Deadly or to what Molly Hatchet did (can't recall the name now). After all, Anthrax had been playing some of those songs live with Bush for years and they had become better musicians since, so why not capture the atmosphere. I think the Fistful songs (especially Deathrider) came out just great, while for example I Am The Law is kinda slow and boring.

I think the difference between TGOTE and First Strike is that Chuck is still the singer in Testament and Alex Skolnick quit the band. They even had Zet come in and do a couple of songs on the album as well and nobody in the band has ever shit on what he contributed to the band before he left.

There's a great article in the previous issue of Classic Rock magazine (Led Zeppelin IV issue) about the two Ozzy albums. It's pretty much everything that's been said already but there were a few things in there I hadn't heard before.