Charlie giving Bush the Finger?

chuck and scott are arrogant fucks sometimes but i dont think he meant any harm here,this is the lineup that sits well most with the fans,joey is there most popular singer,u cant deny the success they have with this line up,im really damn excited about the new record and what lies ahead for them.

chuck and scott are arrogant fucks sometimes but i dont think he meant any harm here,this is the lineup that sits well most with the fans,joey is there most popular singer,u cant deny the success they have with this line up,im really damn excited about the new record and what lies ahead for them.

Yep.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that the more popular era of Anthrax was the Joey era.

Either Scott and Charlie were oblivious to this, didn't want to believe this, or just didn't care... who knows

But they are finding out right now just how many fans are coming out of the woodwork because they know Joey is back in in the band. They are seeing more publicity than they have had in 20 years.

The reality is that if they decided to bring back John Bush after this album there would be a major drop off in publicity, concert attendance, and just overall interest in the band.

Hopefully this new albums does OK so they have an opportunity to do another album with Joey where he is there from the beginning of the writing process.

Something tells me from what Charlie is saying that if they were to go into the studio tomorrow and do a new album it would be more of a return to the old school Anthrax sound that he admits that most people want to hear.

Yep.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that the more popular era of Anthrax was the Joey era.

Either Scott and Charlie were oblivious to this, didn't want to believe this, or just didn't care... who knows

But they are finding out right now just how many fans are coming out of the woodwork because they know Joey is back in in the band. They are seeing more publicity than they have had in 20 years.

The reality is that if they decided to bring back John Bush after this album there would be a major drop off in publicity, concert attendance, and just overall interest in the band.

Hopefully this new albums does OK so they have an opportunity to do another album with Joey where he is there from the beginning of the writing process.

Something tells me from what Charlie is saying that if they were to go into the studio tomorrow and do a new album it would be more of a return to the old school Anthrax sound that he admits that most people want to hear.

Scott also said that the reason why the did the reunion back in '05 was because they couldn't survive doing another album with the Bush line up. They had to do the reunion in order to survive as a band. I think a lot of people were pissed that they weren't going to go forward and make an album with Joey at the time (for whatever reason any of them want to use) and interest, again, declined. John filled contractual obligations for the band and then they got Dan Nelson. In hindsight, they would've been better off getting Matthew or Gunnar Nelson because at least those guys know how to tour. Fans had a morbid curiosity as to how that might turn out (it was worse than Gary Cherone's stint in VH), Dan quit/got fired and business picked up when Joey got back.

I think Scott and Charlie may prefer to have Bush in the band but, unless Scott wants to live in Meat Loaf's basement for the rest of his life, he knows having Joey in the band is the best thing for business.

Yep.

They havent' done a single fucking headlining show. The reason they are playing to big crowds right now has ZERO to do with who their singer is. It has to do with the fact that they are touring with METALLICA...and Megadeth and Slayer (with and without Metallica)...those bands bring bigger crowds. If John would have agreed to stick around, they'd have done the same damn tours with the same attendance. So it's absurd to point to bigger concert attendance the last 2 years and say it's because of Joey. They haven't done a single fuckin' headlining show yet.

What's unlistenable about TGOTE? As a Muso I can listen to Among and TGOTE back 2 back no problems. I do not favour any era. In a lot of ways you can argue TGOTE is better, anyone will tell you that you get better at playing the songs with time, so some versions are better. If you actually know anything about music, you would realise the Bush hit 90% of the same note as Joey, Joey is smooth and Bust is slightly gruff, Joey goes a little higher in the screams, thats all. Just drop the "teenager putting on a man act" attitude.

I gotta say I was exaggerating about TGOTE, but I'd definitely still rather listen to the Joey ones over Bush versions. I'll tell you my main problem with TGOTE:

That version of AIR is atrocious, it's significantly slowed down, and Bush just doesn't sound good on it. Not to mention Bush doing Deathrider and Metal Thrashing Mad is no, just no.

They havent' done a single fucking headlining show. The reason they are playing to big crowds right now has ZERO to do with who their singer is. It has to do with the fact that they are touring with METALLICA...and Megadeth and Slayer (with and without Metallica)...those bands bring bigger crowds. If John would have agreed to stick around, they'd have done the same damn tours with the same attendance. So it's absurd to point to bigger concert attendance the last 2 years and say it's because of Joey. They haven't done a single fuckin' headlining show yet.

Bullshit, because I was at one.

What's unlistenable about TGOTE? As a Muso I can listen to Among and TGOTE In a lot of ways you can argue TGOTE is better, anyone will tell you that you get better at playing the songs with time, so some versions are better.

If you actually know anything about music, you would realise the Bush hit 90% of the same note as Joey.

Need I silence every piece of trash that is spewn from your mouth most old school fans dont like John singing on those songs. And thats without mentioning the songs being changed from their original versions. Johns screams on 'Deathrider' dont really sound on par with Neil Turbins.

I gotta say I was exaggerating about TGOTE, but I'd definitely still rather listen to the Joey ones over Bush versions. I'll tell you my main problem with TGOTE:

That version of AIR is atrocious, it's significantly slowed down, and Bush just doesn't sound good on it. Not to mention Bush doing Deathrider and Metal Thrashing Mad is no, just no.

Bullshit, because I was at one.

In your opinion.....To me, so what if it's a bit slower, to me it makes it tighter and heavier. When shit becomes too fast, it gets muddy and even worse in a live setting. But if you want muddy, more power to ya......