"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

I still listen to the entire album for the most part. The lyrics are more poetic than any other Bodom album to me. And I feel like the lack of "riff variety" is might be due to the fact that Alexi recorded the whole album himself guitar wise and probably didn't do as much in the studio fucking around as he did with Roope.

I'm listening to the Nightcore speeded up versions of this album and I don't understand why Bodom didn't just speed up the album, it sounds simply better when played faster and the speed forgives some of the lazy songwriting. Especially when there's no atmosphere and they don't have a sound that's very heavy when played slow. At least the boring parts should definitely have been speeded up...

I know it's not the Halo of Blood thread, but since we talk about everything here I'll simply post my shit here as well.

This was one of the track I disliked on HoB and now it's probably my favorite one. One bottle and a knee deep.. God. This song is just blowing my mind away the more I listen to it. I really think it has this strong, dark and melancolic atmosphere that can take your mind off of the everyday.

I know it's not the Halo of Blood thread, but since we talk about everything here I'll simply post my shit here as well.

This was one of the track I disliked on HoB and now it's probably my favorite one. One bottle and a knee deep.. God. This song is just blowing my mind away the more I listen to it. I really think it has this strong, dark and melancolic atmosphere that can take your mind off of the everyday.
It's perhaps my favorite on the album too. I really like the verses and riffs. The chorus is kinda generic melodic wankery and not that interesting, but the main riff kicks ass.

I think everything in this song is awesome. Except maybe the solo, would have expected more something like Ugly or Everytime I die since the refrain is really really melodic.

We've come to a time when Alexi should combine two of his songs best materials into one song, because it's become too slow and too airy in musical material. And make the songs flow naturally... Each song now needs a super fast section with some memorable nice melody thingy. I can't hold breath for it, but I'm trying to give ideas because not many bands have the potential to do the perfect death metal.

2. That fucking awesome bridge or whatever it's called in Horns starting at 1:16! That part is probably the best segue from a lame riff into an awesome masterpice Bodom ever made.
it's the other way around, easily :lol:

Meanwhile Blood Red Throne releases the following lyrics video:

What do people expect? They don't buy CDs or merchandise anymore and yet want labels to spend millions on producing a lyric video?

Decent song though. Look forward to the latest from BRT.

Nah, it's not about money, it's about creativity. The reaction shouldn't be "giving up", it should be "stealing people's hearts with more awesome music than ever." Otherwise artists just have to rely on the nostalgia of epic works of the past.

Nah, it's not about money, it's about creativity. The reaction shouldn't be "giving up", it should be "stealing people's hearts with more awesome music than ever." Otherwise artists just have to rely on the nostalgia of epic works of the past.
Well, music came creativitywise and possibilitywise to an end.
I recommend reading Adam Darskis (Nergal from Behemoth) biography.
He said that almost every possible riff in the world is already written
so it's really hard to come up with something really new.
You can't invent the wheel a new.
Only thing you can do is improve it, but also there is somehow an end.

Naaah, I absolutely don't believe the "all music is written" argument. There are endless possibilities to create emotions in music. The key is using different sounds to serve the purpose created for them, and combining different things creatively together so they feel as one song. It's like storytelling. See the thing is, music shouldn't be a sport, it should be art. So many metal bands treat guitar playing as a sport. Just because most people don't have creativity for shit doesn't mean someone doesn't create something really cool and interesting at times. Most people just can't tap into that creative zone. Even stories are investigated as formulas and structures, but it doesn't mean someone won't come up with something new or even something interesting in a natural formula. I could describe you an absolutely killer COB album moment to moment if I wanted to. And remember, atmosphere always feels fresh.

Simple composions can be incredibly amazing when there is creativity. And the most perfect song or story formula can turn out completely shit when the artist has no creativity.

Last edited:
Just ran into the Local Band singer, considered asking him to tell Alexi to "follow the Reaper" but I was too busy buying licorice protein bars.