"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

^ Probably because of the desert location, but I like this reaper more, it is scarier and more ghostly.

IIRC, it was stolen from Alexi and sold to Daniel.

The "Stone" and the "Wildchild" was stolen, wasn't? So he borrowed Roope's BYB for the record of the HCDR album and the green for tour. Alexi played the green one on Tuska 2003 after the robbery as far as I know and saw.

^ almost correct there, he used his Jacksons to record HCDR, green one belonged to him and probably simply sold it to Daniel. The Tuska bit is correct though.

I remember the Wildchild being stolen too, I might've mixed it up with some other guitar though. What a lovely Jackson it was.

^ almost correct there, he used his Jacksons to record HCDR, green one belonged to him and probably simply sold it to Daniel. The Tuska bit is correct though.

I see so he borrowed Roope's one only for the Needle video clip shooting?

It's got like a Japanese kinda influence to me, the cover and the titles anyway. From what Alexi's said and those titles and everything else it sounds a bit like an old death/thrash type sound, like more of a straight-forward blooddrunk.

The artwork is definitely something refreshing, looks really different and it's exciting to see them try something new. But that title "I Worship Chaos" seems so overly cliche, same with iHurt. I like the rest though they've got an oldschool death tone.

I'm pretty excited but not gunna set anything in stone until I actually hear the music, seems good though.

I'm sure one song will be released during the summer. Just release it properly, not with some trash radio channel.

I'm sure one song will be released during the summer. Just release it properly, not with some trash radio channel.

The new trend seems to be to release one single with a music video and one lyrics video. I've seen pretty much every single one of the bands I listen to who had a new album coming out do this during the last year or so.

The new trend seems to be to release one single with a music video and one lyrics video. I've seen pretty much every single one of the bands I listen to who had a new album coming out do this during the last year or so.

Bodom don't need a music video, especially when their videos are always worse than the song. :ill: I could give good ideas on Bodom music videos, but they'd go to deaf ears.

Bodom don't need a music video, especially when their videos are always worse than the song. :ill: I could give good ideas on Bodom music videos, but they'd go to deaf ears.

Go to deaf ears... if you had your way Bodom would be a Dimmu Borgir clone

I think the opening song iHurt has such weird title it is without question a protest against the modern phenomena of smartphones. It will have some weird keyboard sound. I dislike how every girl is staring neck bent to the iPhone screen and never looking at you in the eyes when walking by. I for one never want a smartphone, still going old school.

I think the opening song iHurt has such weird title it is without question a protest against the modern phenomena of smartphones. It will have some weird keyboard sound. I dislike how every girl is staring neck bent to the iPhone screen and never looking at you in the eyes when walking by. I for one never want a smartphone, still going old school.

I bet it's because no girl wants to be with you. HAHAHA

Nuclear Blast website types it 'I Hurt' so unless my theory is right it makes no sense and they'll do a late change to the name...

I'm thinking the sound on this album should be pretty heavy and there's also an element of atmosphere in the sound, maybe an echo, a style of playing, a particular tone or some keyboard stuff, since the artwork promises too much for a sterile sound like RRF. Other than that, I'm guessing sound-wise it'll be closest to RRF... Here's a golden opportunity to surprise me. I know every fucking time some magazine throws in the sexy, thrilling, empty promise of Follow the Reaper influences, but it never holds water, maybe a little bit in Halo of Blood, but yet again Soundi brought it up, it's likely the fact people think keyboards and high pitch stuff in this band was genuinely for that blue album.

Now holding breath for a short sample to check out the soundworld, but it'll probably take until August, but I don't want the summer to end, so time to forget this and bite the dust for a couple months.

Yeah I hope they change the title of that song, it seemed unanimously disliked.

I think it is about Alexi's disdain for the social media / the internet/ technology

And the fact it hurts him and the music industry how the music is downloaded / listened to for free.

Maybe they didn't want problems with iPhone so they change it...

It was weird enough they didn't get problems with the RRF cover art featuring the murder tent and murder weapon wielded by a person... I mean Nils could have easily sued them, especially as he probably isn't even the killer. Maybe that's what they wanted, some publicity, as these kind of things usually don't lead to charges in Finland... then I'm not even sure if anyone else figured the whole thing. Well, nothing to discuss so let's wait for some news...