"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Ha! If you go to the Bodom's profile picture they have changed it to "I Hurt" as well. They must have seen the feedback and decided to make the change.

Ah fuuuck, it was maybe just a typo. Unacceptable. The capitals are messed up in other songs as well: Prayer For The Afflicted versus All for Nothing. Like Wrath within. And these guys get to work for COB, m'kay.

IIRC, it was stolen from Alexi and sold to Daniel.
The "Stone" and the "Wildchild" was stolen, wasn't? So he borrowed Roope's BYB for the record of the HCDR album and the green for tour. Alexi played the green one on Tuska 2003 after the robbery as far as I know and saw.

the wildchild and the stone jackson where the only jackson guitars that was stolen from Alexi,
the Green pinstripe one, Never was Roope's. it has always belonged to alexi aswell. (this one never got stolen)
this exact guitar was used during The Tuska 2003 gig, and HCDR tour, but mostly has been with sinergy tour equipment/Home thats why Alexi Used Roope's Yellow beveld Jackson During the Needled 24/7 video clip shootings.

the Green pinstripe has now been Sold to Daniel Freyburg With the J50BC (japanese Humbucker) But Without the JE-1000 gainbooster.

So, the final and grammatically correct song list is:

I Hurt
My Bodom
Morrigan
Horns
Prayer for the Afflicted
I Worship Chaos
Hold Your Tongue
Suicide Bomber
All for Nothing
Widdershins

The song title that promises most direct violence is Suicide Bomber, it's gonna be funny to see how that sounds, maybe some melodic riffs. The overall nature seems aggressive and dark, and I can only hope there's some Satanic action, eerie atmosphere and a party of melodies included. There's the potential headbangers, the occasional slow song, and the rest are typical Bodom angst. The approach I have is no longer is this song gonna be another SNBN and this one another Children of Decadence, instead I expect to enjoy like 4 songs and be disappointed and bored with the rest as they maybe have just one good idea to them. The 2nd song is statistically and logically your best bet for the best song, the 1st song being the second best bet. There only exists a few short titles for Bodom songs, this time the album starts with four short titles! I guess the best songs on this album are songs 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 8. Judging on song titles songs 7, 9 and 10 will not be very good. In the coming years they'll play 2 songs from this album and it remains to be seen which ones. It would be a huge disappointment if only one song from this album lasted on their future setlist, given they still play 4 songs from HCDR every gig. This time I want to be positively surprised. I'm a little concerned because there's 10 songs again, as Alexi has been prone to spreading his good ideas over too wide timespan, leaving too much filling material in, I would rather have 8 songs tightly packaged best ideas. Let's just hope it's as legendary as the artwork, I need some mindblowing metal damn it.

So, the final and grammatically correct song list is:

I Hurt
My Bodom
Morrigan
Horns
Prayer for the Afflicted
I Worship Chaos
Hold Your Tongue
Suicide Bomber
All for Nothing
Widdershins

The song title that promises most direct violence is Suicide Bomber, it's gonna be funny to see how that sounds, maybe some melodic riffs. The overall nature seems aggressive and dark, and I can only hope there's some Satanic action, eerie atmosphere and a party of melodies included. There's the potential headbangers, the occasional slow song, and the rest are typical Bodom angst. The approach I have is no longer is this song gonna be another SNBN and this one another Children of Decadence, instead I expect to enjoy like 4 songs and be disappointed and bored with the rest as they maybe have just one good idea to them. The 2nd song is statistically and logically your best bet for the best song, the 1st song being the second best bet. There only exists a few short titles for Bodom songs, this time the album starts with four short titles! I guess the best songs on this album are songs 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 8. Judging on song titles songs 7, 9 and 10 will not be very good. In the coming years they'll play 2 songs from this album and it remains to be seen which ones. It would be a huge disappointment if only one song from this album lasted on their future setlist, given they still play 4 songs from HCDR every gig. This time I want to be positively surprised. I'm a little concerned because there's 10 songs again, as Alexi has been prone to spreading his good ideas over too wide timespan, leaving too much filling material in, I would rather have 8 songs tightly packaged best ideas. Let's just hope it's as legendary as the artwork, I need some mindblowing metal damn it.

Damn, I completely missed that there are 10 songs on the album!

Maybe the last one is instrumental. Janne's solo sound in both War of Razors and Clash of the Booze Brothers has this echo of a barren desert wasteland. It could be a nice way to describe the smoking aftermath of a cataclysmic disaster at Lake Bodom. But judging on the song title it's just another angst song about 'swimming against the current.'

All for Nothing is a very bad song title. Otherwise I'm happy with the titles if the music is great. 2nd song is narcissistic rage.

the wildchild and the stone jackson where the only jackson guitars that was stolen from Alexi,
the Green pinstripe one, Never was Roope's. it has always belonged to alexi aswell. (this one never got stolen)
this exact guitar was used during The Tuska 2003 gig, and HCDR tour, but mostly has been with sinergy tour equipment/Home thats why Alexi Used Roope's Yellow beveld Jackson During the Needled 24/7 video clip shootings.

the Green pinstripe has now been Sold to Daniel Freyburg With the J50BC (japanese Humbucker) But Without the JE-1000 gainbooster.

Why did he sold it, he once said in an interview (around 2010-2011) that he loved his jacksons. Because he can't use them anymore due to the contract with ESP? (And he also use an ESP for practice)

By the way, could you take a picture of your green pinstripe to the Gear thread or here? I'm really excited about it, once I asked in PM but you didn't reply?

Well+then+that+s+the+law+part+of+the+degree+not+_6dd1e48e2f7e06b1efcad185ee3aa345.jpg

^I don't read joonas' posts if they're more than 3 lines longs, but given past experience I will just nod my head in agreement.

^I don't read joonas' posts if they're more than 3 lines longs, but given past experience I will just nod my head in agreement.

Me neither but instead of nodding in agreement I have to resist the urge to shoot myself.

Damn Joonas still has it!
lol.

Cool that the album has 10 songs, that's all I can say. Hope it will be as good as halo of blood.

Ok, I always thought this singer guy Olli Herman from the Local Band hanging in Alexi's neck in the pictures looked like this one dude who I shared the same gym with for years, until I searched his info and found out he lives in the same town as me and he's also the singer of Reckless Love. Haha. I had my doubts but I had to use wikipedia... and bingo. I always thought this 80's looking blonde guy has to be some glam rock dude, I was using the same weights and thought man this guy got seriously bit by the hair metal bug or something, maybe he's from some girl band, guy's using steroids all the way. See, my crazy ideas tend to be reality...

You can see the guy on the left is natural and lives quite healthy, next Olli Herman seems to be on 'roids (unless he's got great genetics and he's extremely dedicated to working out and the right nutrition to have such visible abs and wide shoulders), Jussi has incredibly low fat % so his abs still show, Alexi is a bit malnourished too and drank and smoke some more. Jussi and Alexi should take care of their hydration and proper nutrition. Drinking, weird food and lack of gym and consistent sleeping pattern seem to plague the rockstar life, that's why many do not use steroids, but I guess some do when they take care of their health otherwise and the band's pull relies on the main man catching the girls' eyes.

11351252_969548126428710_3129939281404732864_n.jpg

You can see the guy on the left is natural and lives quite healthy

That's my Archie. In past few weeks I've taken quite a liking to Santa Cruz and their new album is pretty fucking tight. Funny to think that he is only two years older than me.

Exciting coverart, I dig it. The name '' I Worship Chaos'' is a bit meh, so is the font used for the name on the cover, the titles ''iHurt'' and ''Suicide Bomber'' makes my alarm go off and reminds me of RRF. Other than that it seems promissing, but I try to keep my feet on the ground and not get too hyped. That said I really do hope it's a killer album (and by the looks of it so far it seems to have potential), but I've been disapointed before.

Fingers crossed.

Pre-orders have begun:
http://www.nuclearblast.de/de/shop/artikel/gruppen/3577735.1.pre-order.html?article_group_sort_type_handle=rank&custom_keywords=CHILDREN%2BOF%2BBODOM
"I Worship Chaos" will be available in following formats:
- CD + DVD digibook (incl. bonus DVD and three bonustracks!)
- CD
- 2LP (black, clear, silver, yellow, picture)
- digibook + canvas (mailorder edition)

"I Worship Chaos" tracklists:
01. I Hurt
02. My Bodom (I Am The Only One)
03. Morrigan
04. Horns
05. Prayer For The Afflicted
06. I Worship Chaos
07. Hold Your Tongue
08. Suicide Bomber
09. All For Nothing
10. Widdershins
Bonus tracks (digibook only):
11. Mistress Of Taboo (PLASMATICS cover)
12. Danger Zone (KENNY LOGGINS cover)
13. Black Winter Day (AMORPHIS cover)

2LP (black, clear, silver, yellow, picture):
Side A
01. I Hurt
02. My Bodom (I Am The Only One)
03. Morrigan
04. Horns
05. Prayer For The Afflicted
Side B
01. I Worship Chaos
02. Hold Your Tongue
03. Suicide Bomber
04. All For Nothing
05. Widdershins

Soooooo excited about AMORPHIS COVER OMG! :worship:

Album art must be inspired by these first two videos. Yellow, nuclear, sun, all that stuff in the beginning of these videos.

Really worried they choose this kind of song for cover. It's crap and thrash. Only the very ending is bodomy (3:20)

This one's got some 80's vibe, (it's from 1986) but otherwise slightly worrying, it even starts with the same piano as Party All the Time. These are indication that the album does indeed sound yellow. But there's still hope of it being better than RRF. This one's actually not bad, but Alexi should be doing epic stuff where drums and melody are equal to guitar. If it's riff-oriented, it can still be good, if Alexi can create the atmosphere to it. It's melodic death metal that made Bodom break through. If Alexi started a music career today he would probably be a guitarist in a 80's rock band, and how high would that go...? Just remember that.

This one's from 1994. Fucking weird song. Let's hope this gives indication that there's also melody and experimentation. Otherwise I think it will be riff-oriented again, but hopefully more catchy and epic than RRF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'll be curious about that Amorphis cover, I really like the original, the only song I like from Amorphis so far. I also like the Danger Zone too, I hope Alexi will sing it, throughout and I don't know the Plasmatics, but not as bad as you describe, it's a very good raw material for a cover and Alexi's thrashy voice imo.